Looking for ideas/solution to hiding wire in visible eve?

tomas21

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What clean looking solutions has anyone come up with where wire is visible in eve's (see attached).. want to seal up and protect wire.

• Looking at making some customer wood enclosure/channel to hide and paint white to blend in
  • Checking out HD cable management solutions (Wiremold, Legrand)
1605128028910.png

nosnim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Junction boxes or a junction box/pull box and conduit would be good.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you can't find a piece of cord cover at HD or Lowes that fits, consider a piece of 1" to 1-1/2" (whichever inside diameter suits) of schedule 125 PVC pipe (cold water, irrigation, etc.) and have it cut in half length-wise with a band or table saw, drill 2 to 3 holes to pass some deck screws through (missing cables) and run it up tight with your cordless driver; paint to match.

Reaction score
What clean looking solutions has anyone come up with where wire is visible in eve's (see attached).. want to seal up and protect wire.

• Looking at making some customer wood enclosure/channel to hide and paint white to blend in
  • Checking out HD cable management solutions (Wiremold, Legrand)
View attachment 74680
I use this product available at Home Depot, in 5ft lengths. Works well for running longer outside cabling along the edge where the soffit meets the wall.

My local HD sells it in single 5ft pieces @ $6.94/Piece. They also have a 3-pack with fittings for a little less than $15.

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
^^^ THIS.
That's what I was looking for last night (my "cord cover at HD") , couldn't locate it then I got in a hurry and just offered an inferior alternative. Have seen and shared it before and I had it linked on my other PC which crashed hard.
Gonna save that link again, thanks!

Reaction score
^^^ THIS.
That's what I was looking for last night , couldn't locate it then I got in a hurry and just offered an inferior alternative. Have seen and shared it before and I had it linked on my other PC which crashed hard.
Gonna save that link again.
Search using 'cable management' on the HD site. That's how I found it.

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I would put a single gang bell box behind the camera then run a 1/2" or 3/4" PVC pipe into the house where the ethernet cable is coming from. That way the camera connection to the cable is weather tight..