Looking for info on this indoor cam ipc-hum4431s-l4

Giorgio23

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

@EMPIRETECANDY hooked me up with some 5542T and a 2mp Sd49225xa back in the winter.

Unfortunately they sat in a box for six months.

Finally ran all my cat 6 and getting everything installed here before winter again.

Looking to compliment my setup with a very discreet indoor camera.

This caught my eye.

Not finding much info.

Is it POE? Anybody have any examples of footage?

Any ideas of how to hide this? I see the dimensions are just over an inch LxHxW.

Thanks guys in advance for your help :)

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Here you go:

Giorgio23

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just attention the spy cam not have IR, or else will not call spy cam.
Also not waterproof. So it's for indoor using with some light in the nigh. Has build in audio, and very very small. lol

Thank you Andy. Does the camera come with a 12v power adapter? I am ok with no POE for this one. Just wondering how it can be powered do I have to get my own 12v adapter?

Thanks very much will send you a message soon

Giorgio23

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@sebastiantombs

I don't have POE just powerline adapter for this particular location that does not do POE. Otherwise I would get the adapter as mentioned in the review.

Is there any 12v adapter you can suggest? Don't want to damage the camera. Thanks in advance for your help!

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
This is way more power than you'll need for that camera but would work, or simply look for one with a one amp output. That should be more than enough for that camera.

A quick search found this one.

The key is the size of the barrel connector which needs to be 5.5mmx2.1mm with positive on the center pin.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Giorgio23

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is way more power than you'll need for that camera but would work, or simply look for one with a one amp output. That should be more than enough for that camera.

A quick search found this one.

The key is the size of the barrel connector which needs to be 5.5mmx2.1mm with positive on the center pin.

Thanks very much. I'm gonna dig around in my spare electronics first maybe I will have something useful.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I've never found it necessary to hide a camera like that so I'd just say put it inside something innocuous. The trick is getting it in the right place to provide a good view. I use cube cameras inside and so far no one has even noticed that they are even there, even the obvious ones in the basement.

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Running the cable through the ceiling should be no problem. I will prefer a wifi camera for those special spy monitoring/recordings. For an permanent/discrete installation, you may consider a network data outlet (if all ready available in your house/office). For wall mounting, the 18” (above floor level) data box, could be used to accommodate the camera inside. I will recommend using a coax terminal wall plate to “position” the camera lens inside (or a blank wall plate with a drilled hole). Use the same data cable to inject power (blue/brown pairs), directly from the source

Note: be careful if installing spy cam at office space

Attachments

Last edited:

Giorgio23

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Running the cable through the ceiling should be no problem. I will prefer a wifi camera for those special spy monitoring/recordings. For an permanent/discrete installation, you may consider a network data outlet (if all ready available in your house/office). For wall mounting, the 18” (above floor level) data box, could be used to accommodate the camera inside. I will recommend using a coax terminal wall plate to “position” the camera lens inside (or a blank wall plate with a drilled hole). Use the same data cable to inject power (blue/brown pairs), directly from the source

Note: be careful if installing spy cam at office space
Much appreciated. This would definitely be a good idea for one of my spots. No this is for home install.

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Much appreciated. This would definitely be a good idea for one of my spots. No this is for home install.
The most critical part is getting the network cable + power connected to the camera, but that is available at every data terminal. If using a blank or coax wall plate, attach the metal camera body, using 3M double side tape. Give a little upward angle within the same tape. Remember to leave a “tunnel” between the microphone and the lens hole.

Attachments