Looking for layout advice please!

TheBest

n3wb
Reaction score
Attached is a floor plan.

Let's say top of photo is "North".

The left and right sides of the house have gates. I'm thinking of putting cameras here:
  • Inside corner between the garage and bedroom window facing street/front yard (facing south east) (1)
  • Front of garage facing driveway (south) (2)
  • By garage side door facing west - that side doesn't have a wide side yard, only about 7 feet - maybe have 2.8mm wide angle (3)
  • Garage entry to house door (because I always forget if I closed the garage door) (4)
  • Master Bedroom NW corner facing the backyard (north) - the backyard doesn't have a high fence (5)
  • Family Room Slider (left side) facing back yard (west) (6)
  • NE Kitchen corner facing north (7)
  • SE Living room corner on the fireplace wall facing south (8)
What am I missing? These cams would be 4MP Hikvisions (from Nelly's or B&H) running on a Hikvision POE NVR. Would probably not have a Ring doorbell but looking to put something at the front door.

Thanks!

Attachments

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Attached is a floor plan.

Let's say top of photo is "North".

The left and right sides of the house have gates. I'm thinking of putting cameras here:
  • Inside corner between the garage and bedroom window facing street/front yard (facing south east) (1)
  • Front of garage facing driveway (south) (2)
  • By garage side door facing west - that side doesn't have a wide side yard, only about 7 feet - maybe have 2.8mm wide angle (3)
  • Garage entry to house door (because I always forget if I closed the garage door) (4)
  • Master Bedroom NW corner facing the backyard (north) - the backyard doesn't have a high fence (5)
  • Family Room Slider (left side) facing back yard (west) (6)
  • NE Kitchen corner facing north (7)
  • SE Living room corner on the fireplace wall facing south (8)
What am I missing? These cams would be 4MP Hikvisions (from Nelly's or B&H) running on a Hikvision POE NVR. Would probably not have a Ring doorbell but looking to put something at the front door.

Thanks!
Welcome Best,

I would place at least 2 cameras to cover the driveway in light of members here posting various image captures of door checkers, and I would also consider another camera covering the street to help ID any possible car used by thieves and/or where you or guests may park in front of your home

Carelessness cost me...I got hit...

Remember to check the notes in the wiki
IPCamTalk WiKi | IP Cam Talk