Looking for recommendations for a few cameras

Reaction score
Moving to a new house and looking for suggestions for some new cameras. I think for the best bet I will probably want/need 3 types. 2 wider angle ones with a good night vision range for rear of house (will have a large back yard that goes ~100 yards or from the house, 1 for front porch to cover front yard and front door so it should be decent at picking up faces, and then 1 for the side of the house that is capable of picking up license plates.

These will all be attached to blue iris, eventually down the line deepstack and potential for home automation.

I have seen people mention good thinks about Amcrest night color cameras, and I am using one of their older 5mp dome cameras and besides having a DOA originally I don’t have any issues with it besides needing to clean the dome. I have also seen a few people recommend Dahua cameras, which seem to be rebranded to other companies.

Suggestions? These will all be PoE btw.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Don't try to cover too much with just a few cameras. Covering your back yard, effectively, with two is going to be pretty much impossible My back yard is about the same size and I've got a total of six cameras back there with two remoted in an out building and connected with a dedicated RF link. I'm also using a large auxiliary IR illuminator to get enough light out to the farthest points.