Looking for recommendations on your favorite wide angle (fisheye) POE IP cameras

MichiganBroadband.com

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you like please share with me your favorite POE IP camera for wide angle stuff and thanks!
I've been having difficulty finding anything I like the feature list of that is over 120°
I think 127° was the max FOV I found in s short time looking around and ,many of them were not IP cameras.

There was also some kind of "superbeast" I found at one time that had like 5 or 6 stationary cameras combined and blended to give some kind of a 360 view.
Or it was just a dream as I cannot find that thing now. :)

Thanks again!

Steve

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I have one of these Dahua IPC-EW4431-ASW 4MP PoE WIFI Panorama Fisheye IP Camera MIC Card Slot Audio | eBay and installed another for someone else. This model is not strictly weatherproof and it looks like the exposed lens is a point of possible water ingress. So even though I mounted this under an eave, I pressed a bit of coax-seal around the gap between the lens and the camera body.

Its low-light capability is similar to that of other cheap 4MP cams (not Starlight), and being a fisheye you wouldn't be using it for identification purposes anyway so I don't see that as a problem. It is best used with a strong, wide-angle IR illuminator like this one I've been running for 4 years.

Insects love this cam. I guess they see the black circle in the center and think it is something to eat or maybe a place to hide because they're all over it.

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.