Looking for replacement lens/box?

Hndyman55

n3wb
Reaction score
So i ended up using a razor blade to scrape the coating away. Went pretty smooth. Then cut the end off
IMG_0615.jpg
IMG_0618.jpg
IMG_0619.jpg
I might go ahead and try to ohm these traces out first before reassembling. Hopefully those traces are close enough to the edge to make contact with the socket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hndyman55

n3wb
Reaction score
Unfortunately I hooked it all back up and I’m not getting an image. I can still access through the browser and get an osd but no image. There is some heat coming off the pcb also.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
Did you clean the board first? Something that got water on it, should be immediately cut the power to it. Clean and dry really well, and only then can be powered back up.

Hndyman55

n3wb
Reaction score
I did clean it pretty well with 91% alcohol and brush. It sat over night so it could dry out. I still want to try the distilled water and baking soda paste which supposedly helps clean corrosion better

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
You should look over all the components that were corroded, maybe some of the surface mount capacitors/resistors may have one end corroded so badly, that they don't make contact with the board. Also traces could be corroded really badly, that they may have a cut trace somewhere.
An ultrasonic cleaning would be the best here.