Looking for small wifi IP camera ideas

logbuilder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello all. I've been using BI for a number of years with good success. 3 cams and it just runs. Very happy. The wife has challenged me to add another camera that will record/alert a hummingbird feeder just outside of one of the windows. It is also the window she sees when sitting in her favorite chair. What I'm looking for is a wifi camera that is really small. Not 'peeping' kind of small but rather something that can be in that window and not block her view very much. I can power it but can't justify running a cat-5 cable. Any good ideas?

Thanks!
Robert

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I use Blue Iris with the Dahua-built Amcrest IP2M-841W-V3 .

The version 3 provides AI/auto tracking of moving objects. It is ONVIF compatible, provides RTSP, is 1080p, IR, 2-way audio plus mike in/speaker out, has pan/tilt/digital zoom, record to micro SD card, wired or wireless and has alarm in/out, great with Blue Iris, VLC, etc. Comes with wall/ceiling mount, 1/4"-20 tripod mount female insert on bottom. Available in black or white for under $50 !

I've installed 4 of the similar non-V3 versions and 3 of it's lower-res (720p) cousins in the last 4 years and all have functioned with no hiccups.

I currently use 2 of them with Blue Iris; one on front porch to look at deliveries and 1 in sunroom to watch the dogs, one of the 2 is operating on Wi-Fi. I have also set one up with Tinycam Pro on a Sony smart TV (Android).

You can disable the camera's IR (InfraRed LED) so that at night it won't reflect off the window glass and "blind" the camera.

VERY hard to beat for $50, IMO.

EDIT #2 of 4/1/21: V3 does NOT provide relay I/O nor jacks for an external mic and speaker.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I use Blue Iris with the Dahua-built Amcrest IP2M-841W-V3 . I have 4 of them.

The version 3 provides AI/auto tracking of moving objects. It is ONVIF compatible, provides RTSP, is 1080p, IR, 2-way audio plus mike in/speaker out, has pan/tilt/digital zoom, record to micro SD card, wired or wireless and has alarm in/out, great with Blue Iris, VLC, etc. Comes with wall/ceiling mount, 1/4"-20 tripod mount female insert on bottom. Available in black or white for under $50 !

I've installed 4 of the similar non-V3 versions and 3 of it's lower-res (720p) cousins in the last 4 years and all have functioned with no hiccups.

I currently use 2 of them with Blue Iris; one on front porch to look at deliveries and 1 in sunroom to watch the dogs, one of the 2 is operating on Wi-Fi. I have also set one up with Tinycam Pro on a Sony smart TV (Android).

You can disable the camera's IR (InfraRed LED) so that at night it won't reflect off the window glass and "blind" the camera.

VERY hard to beat for $50, IMO.
Does the AI/Autotracking actually work? ;)

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

DsineR

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Check Ubiquiti, they have a few small form factor wifi cams such as:
I have not used their cams, but like their networking equipment.