looking for some help

RWDM3

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i have a car dealership and i have been using the swann 8 camera 8mp system
not a horrible system, however im having huge issues viewing this anywhere outside of the location

1. mobile - homesafe app - it sucks, if i have my phone laying there it wont tell me anything ,when i unlock phone and open app it shows like 50 alerts
i need to know right away if there is an alert not only when i only app
2. homesafe app on pc - does not alarm me at all - complete garbage

i am trying to find a system or put one together that has the following (maybe someone has a system and can tell me their set up so i can purchase the same)

- IP cameras that can be connected to either a POE switch or an NVR (whatever is better) so i can view the cameras at home
- good quality cameras so i can see whats going on in both day and night
- ideally if an alert comes up on my phone (so i need to know what software to use) - id like to be able to click the alert and it can show me what exactly the alert was (recap - last 15-30 seconds)
- software to be able to put it on my pc at home so cameras can be on it 24-7, and ability to change the sounds to inform me if motion goes off
- would like if possible for motion to be shown (via a colored box) when it occurs, instead of camera going off and me searching like an idiot for why it went off
- need 8-16 cameras
- if possible id like to hook up a speaker to the outside, so if i get an alert on my mobile, i can speak into phone and turn on speaker to tell whoever it is to f**k off.. or to have ability to click a button and an automated message is played

RWDM3

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
read it over but it doesnt say anything about hooking up a speaker, also doesnt say anything about what switch is recommended
im still reading through cameras, but i know i will be using blue iris