Looking for USA made cameras

AP514

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thank you very much. I had no idea about this. Would the best solution be to run the fiber in a conduit underground to the barn? What about using PTP devices to shoot the signal to the barn? Would this still be susceptible to lightning strikes?
That is what I did for my run into my Detached Garage.....MY System Install-- Step #1--Fiber Optic Cable to Garage Install

I also used Vlans..working out ok... but I have had to put my Cams setup on hold for awhile :(

Ahbutler

n3wb
Reaction score
I do trust my network setup, I just need to make sure I am not using cameras from certain countries due to specific reasons.

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't CCTV more for corporations or do they have consumer products? The other think I need to look into is RJ45 (CAT6A) vs RG59 (COAX cable) to setup my security system. I am moving to a new house with acreage, barns, etc, and not sure what is the best route to take. Do I want to run Point to Point (PTP) from my main house to the barns, or run RJ45 or RG59 unground to the barn? First time trying to secure something of a bigger foot print.

Right now, I am using UniFi for my network. Do you recommended using pfSense or Untangle over UniFi?

You mentioned a dual NIC as the best solution. What does the dual NIC allow (besides accepting two network cables and using different IPs)?

Thank you very much. Yes, I have read may threads on here and @EMPIRETECANDY comes highly recommended.

Is there a guide for HW isolation/products/setup?
Correct, it is more than just a security reason, but I am not allowed to talk about it. It seems 100% USA made might be hard to get or will be very costly. I can use products from Canada, France, and some other countries, but there are several countries I cannot (I am sure you can think of which ones!).
Hello all - I hope everyone is staying safe. I have a question regarding USA cameras. I know Dahua camea's are highly recommended. However, without getting into details (which I cannot), I cannot use nor do I want foreign cameras. If we take pricing out of the equation, are there USA made cameras and NVRs you would recommend? Thanks!
I understand that GenIV Technology is marketing cameras as "NDAA" compliant. www.g4direct.com Interesting article about the ban at Industry News and We were NDAA before the NDAA...

Left Coast Geek

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I too run a pfsense router, and use a couple Unifi U6 access points for my wifi. One thing to note about pfSense, its primarily a ETHERNET firewall/gateway/router, and its not very good at wifi, so its best to use real access points for that, which can be strategically located for best radio coverage.

If I needed more security than my current config, i would have the 3rd NIC on my pfsense router go just to the PoE stuff, on its own subnet, blocking all internet access in and out on that network. The computer running BlueIris would be connected to both networks, my LAN so it can be accessed, and so Windows can do its updates and stuff, and the PoE network just for the cameras. As my house is over 100 feet long (all in a straight line), I only have one ethernet trunk running to the far end of the house, and there's a PoE switch there, and another down at this end, with some cameras on each switch. my backbone switches are all 'dumb' so I can't use VLANs to trunk two networks over that same single ethernet, so to run a separate POE net, I'd either need to invest in a couple smart switches, or run another ethernet. Eventually I'm going to rewire everything through the attic, and when I do that, I'll bring all the camera feeds to the same point