Looking For Webcam With FTP Snapshot Functionality

pab49162

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking for a webcam with FTP snapshot functionality and I am hoping someone might have a suggestion on potential options. Unfortunately, I have been unable to find any webcams curently on the market in the United States that include this feature.

I assist several barbershops that currently use a D-Link DSC-960L webcam (which has this feature) to display an image of the waiting area on their websites. Every 30 seconds, the DSC-960L takes a new snapshot image and uploads that image to a webserver via FTP. That image can then be viewed by clients on a webcam page on their website.

Here is a sample image from one of the barbershops.

cap20220302_150209D_1.jpg

Unfortunately, D-Link no longer manufactures the DSC-960L. Otherwise I would just purchase a few more of those webcams.

If possible, I would prefer a stand-alone solution that provided the FTP snapshot capability. But, if anyone has suggestions on software for a PC, Raspberry Pi, Arduino, … that might be an alternate solution, that might also be helpful.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/advice.

Paul

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Consider the Amcrest IP2M-841, a re-branded Dahua. It is ONVIF compatible, provides RTSP, is 1080p (Full HD), IR, 2-way audio, has pan/tilt/digital zoom, record to micro SD card, wired or wireless, great with Blue Iris, VLC, etc. Comes with wall/ceiling mount, 1/4"-20 tripod mount female insert on bottom. Available in black or white for under $50, can be mounted upside-down and the image inverted as needed. It can FTP snapshots as you require.

As far as browsers, it works with Pale Moon (32bit), SeaMonkey, IE, Safari 11, Firefox 49.0 and Chrome (recommend with latest version camera and it requires no extension).

I've installed 4 of the V2 versions, 1 of the latest V3 version and 3 of it's lower-res HD (720p) cousins in the last 4 years and all have functioned with no hiccups.

I currently use 3 of them with Blue Iris; 1 on front porch to look at deliveries, 1 in garage and 1 in sunroom to watch the dogs; two of the 3 is operating on Wi-Fi via a dedicated AP. I have also set one up with Tinycam Pro on a Sony smart TV (Android).

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

pab49162

n3wb
Reaction score
TonyR - Thank you for this information. I took a look at the Armcrest website and it looks like several of their wireless IP cameras include an FTP snapshot functionality.

Now that I have options from a couple different manufacturers, I will have to determine which specific camera best fits my needs.