Looking to add another IP cam but which one if these

diesel dog

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I need (or want :) ) to add up to another two cameras to my Hikvision 7604NI-E1-4P NVR. I've got a 2532IWS 2.8mm 3MP using POE - which isn't that good for night time use for where I originally bought it for - it isn't the end of the world and I've worked out where I can put up to another 2 and then use the 2532 for another location.

I prefer the dome camera as they'll be mounted on the soffits. The front garden is fairly dark and there are no street lights, however I have LED security floodlights already installed. The only thing that may be a concern is that when cars pull up into my cul de sac that the headlights will white out the camera picture.

I've been looking at the 2142 and 2342. My NVR has a 3TB HD. I presume that 4MP will be fine to use but for the life of me I can't work out which ones to get next? Or where in the UK to get them from as the last place I used where next to useless with there after sales service when I was having a blonde moment setting up the first bits of kit I bought.

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hampshire - South central Uk, right at the bottom
Would help if you could put up a pic of the area DD that needs to be covered, for what it is worth i have a 4mm DS-2CD2342WD-I, it is great during the day but at night... mehh, not so tbh but it all depends on the distance it needs to reach, the IR`s on the 2342 are not awesome, with a little helping light ( street light, ext light ) it will be fine but on its own in near pitch black the IR throw that is useful is about 7-10 mtrs, it does reach further but the usefulness at further distance is poor