Looking to buy new cameras and Intercom

Reaction score
Hello everyone
Hope you are well
I am currently looking to upgrade my Dahua system in Australia to either a Dahua system or to try out a Hikvision system. it is ancient and it dates back to 2015.
My dad installed them when I was young and before I was big into tech. Now that I am much older I have more responsibility for managing the "tech" in the house.
We have an old HCVR that is coax only. but all of our cameras are Poe so they run through a switch and then as a remote device into the HCVR. I am looking to upgrade 7 or 8 cameras. I recently got a new hdw3666emp-s-aus installed as we needed a new angle of our house. I have other 2015 Dahua cameras that are all turret cameras. I don't know if I like the hdw3666emp-s-aus as I haven't been able to get the full potential out of it as it is only running at 1080p. I do need the cameras to be IR and must be 4. I also need a new nvr that the cameras directly connect to the back of. It needs to be able to record 24/7 and when the drive gets full it just rewrites over the old storage. I think that's what our old one does. If anyone has some recommendations that would be helpful. It would be wonderful for someone to help me. At the moment I have an Aiphone JK-1MED Station and As the main doorbell, I have the JK-DVF-AC. I would love to keep the keypad in the future. I also have two stations in the house. The doorbell is connected via a CAT5 cable using the individual wires. I would really love all of the future upgrades to be on one platform. And possibly update

Last edited:
Reaction score
HI,
Welcome to the forum.

Dahua in Your country is a very specific one...
Only sells small amount of models, mostly from lower lines..
Very often they create strange models (like Your 3666) only for Australia market.
This is 6mpx camera with very small sensor (1/2.7") which provides bad image quality at night.

Here at this forum we highly recommend/use the new Dahua 5442-S3 (aka WizMind-S) line. These are 4Mpx cameras with a very large and sensitive 1/1.8" sensor, which provides a color image at night with standard street lighting and ability to catch moving people with minimal blur at night.

It is available in many housings (bullet/turret/dome), with different zoom options (fixed lens 2.8/3.6/6.0mm and varifocal 2.8-12mm for short zoom ranges and varifocal 8-32mm for long zoom ranges ) and in different colors (white/black). The camera provides the latest Dahua AI solutions: IVS - perimeter protection with intrusion/tripwire detection of humans/cars/animals and full feature AcuPick 2.0 solution - for human/car searching capability by visual attributes like clothes colors, age, hats, glasses, car color etc...

Here is a list of all models in this line:

We buy this cams mostly from one of Dahua OEM partners:

For this cams we highly recommends actual NVR 5xxx-EI line, which supports all camera features:

Dahua offers full line of intercoms, which can works over CAT5 with POE and there is also line working over 2 wire cable.

Personally I use VTO2201 and I'm very happy from it:

Dahua intercoms works with Dahua NVR (as another camera) and the same Dahua DMSS mobile app as cams/NVR