looking to install Hikvision NVR

spfrancis

n3wb
Reaction score
I just got a quote from Nelly security, and they are talking about the "NSN-604(4K)-4P 4 Channel POE Plug-N-Play 4K NVR" for NVR.

I have searched a little on this forum and I couldn't find anything on whether I could offload recordings. One worry I have is that I would like to write the files from the NVR to something offsite, like AWS-S3 to have a copy in the cloud. I like the idea of having a backup offsite. I see that there is a lot of discussion about Blue Iris, and maybe that is my only way of getting that to work. I wanted to see if there is a way that NVR can push files off of the NVR, or if a linux box(RaspberryPi) to pull the files, and move them into the cloud.

Any thoughts?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I just got a quote from Nelly security, and they are talking about the "NSN-604(4K)-4P 4 Channel POE Plug-N-Play 4K NVR" for NVR.

I have searched a little on this forum and I couldn't find anything on whether I could offload recordings. One worry I have is that I would like to write the files from the NVR to something offsite, like AWS-S3 to have a copy in the cloud. I like the idea of having a backup offsite. I see that there is a lot of discussion about Blue Iris, and maybe that is my only way of getting that to work. I wanted to see if there is a way that NVR can push files off of the NVR, or if a linux box(RaspberryPi) to pull the files, and move them into the cloud.

Any thoughts?
Hi @spfrancis

Highly recommend getting a 8 channel NVR instead of a 4 channel.... 4 channels typically you'll find yourself limited when you want to add just one more camera...

zsoldo

n3wb
Reaction score
HikVision Turbo DVR's all have the option to record file's on cloud ( OneDrive, Dropbox or Google Drive). I know you are saying that you need NVR.

Either way, i would recommend you using NAS. It si far better and safer( google iz, synology NAS Hikvision ).

spfrancis

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the input on the HikeVision Turbo DVRs. I would like to move it to AWS S3, if possible. The Nelly guy was saying that there is an API for HikVision to run from a server. I was wondering if there is a way for a linux server to pull files off of the NVR, and then I could just script it to go to S3 from the linux server. I'm not sure how functional that API is for grabbing files from the NVR.

zsoldo

n3wb
Reaction score
Just make sure that your network is good enough for that kind of a job. Good luck