Looking to replace my front door cam with a Hik DS-2CD2545FWD-IS

eeeeesh

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I currently have a Hik DS-2CD2532F-I that I purchased in 2014 for use at our front door. It has worked well over the years but the picture is not the greatest, especially at night. Like a lot of houses in S Cal, our 'front door' is really off to the side and someone has to walk about 30' from the street/sidewalk to get to the door - and they walk straight at the camera which is positioned about 7' high and above the doorbell

I like the size and the shape of my current Hik, although I have upgraded 4 of my other Hiks with Dahua's through Andy. Very pleased with these cameras also, but I think Dahua is lacking in what I am looking for.

So I came across the Hik DS-2CD2545FWD-IS and it's little brother, the DS-2CD2543G0-IS. The 2545FWD-IS is 4MP has a 1/2.5 sensor and has their Darkfighter tech and is currently being sold by 'Hikvision' on Amazon for $208, with a very long shipping date - probably from China...

Anyone have any experience with this camera or another source where to purchase?

Link to B&H

Amazon making a delivery today
front door.jpg

eeeeesh

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
WOW, haven't purchased anything from B&H for a while. Initial price showed to be $278 but once you logged in, it dropped to a more reasonable $179 and they are an authorized dealer!

9900 - 035.jpg

9900 - 036.jpg