Looking to use Hik cameras to livestream sports events to facebook and internet

Reaction score
In a nutshell, I'm trying to explore the possibility of using IP cams as a cheaper and more durable alternative to broadcasting sporting events like paintball.

I'd appreciate any input you all may have regarding what would possible to livestream/broadcast sports event from multiple camera angels to facebook AND a monthly subscriber site.

If you stream multiple angles during a live stream, how could you control switching the camera view,ptz control, etc without it disconnecting?
If any, what all electronic devices do you need for something like this? Software?
Also, how would I be able to overlay images on these streams and or voice?

If possible, what about the advanced features people are using these days like letting the viewer pan their camera left/right up and down so they can view more of the field at once while moving their phone or touching the screen?

Thanks in advance

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
the camera cant do it its self, you'll need some live production software that can take in RTSP streams.. that will also let you transition between streams and overlay text and mix audio.. the software is not cheap and the hardware requirements are high.

the encoding format and streams are pretty much standard, I cant imagine it'd be that difficult to get the video into the transcoders.. You'll likely run the cameras with MJPEG to make live transcoding cheaper with multiple streams.. You'll need good bandwidth (no wifi shit, depending on number of cameras and resolution this could tax a GigE network quickly due to high fps/bitrate you need in sports) and if you are archiving the raw video for post production be prepared for some massive storage needs.

I would be attracted to the 4MP Cameras for the real WDR outdoors and better image processing they have over 1080p cams, perhaps speed dome ptz's w/joysticks or at least motorized varifocals.. check out what Dahua is offering.

*edit*
Bit of googling found this, im not endorsing it just pointing you at it to investigate: http://www.vidblasterx.com/

Last edited by a moderator: