Looks like a good deal to me.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FYI - Back in stock, if interested get it soon - as I would expect them to go OOS quickly again.

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've read that not all Swann cams are based off of Hikvision, so are you absolutely sure they can be flashed with hik firmware?

With a 75 degree angle, do these have 4mm lens?
HI Concord,

Good reports back from SD'er who picked them up, as well as the OP who posted it - reports that you do not need to even flash the Hikvision firmware, as it works well out of the box.

You'd have to look at the specs for the lens info.

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
HI Concord,

You'd have to look at the specs for the lens info.
Mat, Thanks for the info, there are other Swann cams that do not work with Blue Iris and turned out not to be based on HikVision. Since EXIR is specific to Hik, they most likely are. I already checked the Swann link, but there is no mention of lens size.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Mat, Thanks for the info, there are other Swann cams that do not work with Blue Iris and turned out not to be based on HikVision. Since EXIR is specific to Hik, they most likely are. I already checked the Swann link, but there is no mention of lens size.
Hi Concord,

Looks like a good Hikvision OEM, Sam88

See the thread here, look at the OPs post:
Slickdeals: The Best Deals, Coupons, Promo Codes & Discounts

and
"I assuming the Swann 4K camera is the same as DS-2CD2385FWD-I"

Users reports it works well.

So, if the FOV matches a 4mm lens then that is what I would gather it to be.

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi Concord,

Looks like a good Hikvision OEM, Sam88

See the thread here, look at the OPs post:

and
"I assuming the Swann 4K camera is the same as DS-2CD2385FWD-I"

Users reports it works well.

So, if the FOV matches a 4mm lens then that is what I would gather it to be.
Mat,
Thanks, but it appears that most everyone there are using Swann/Hikvision NVR, with the exception of dankbud42o and he canceled his order. Don't have a need for them, but seemed like a bargain too good to pass up if it would work with cam software (Blue Iris, Bluecherrydvr, etc). Will think about getting one to test out.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Mat,
Thanks, but it appears that most everyone there are using Swann/Hikvision NVR, with the exception of dankbud42o and he canceled his order. Don't have a need for them, but seemed like a bargain too good to pass up if it would work with cam software (Blue Iris, Bluecherrydvr, etc). Will think about getting one to test out.
Hi Concord,

Danks mentioned that his order was not successfully cancelled - so he probably will get it.

Definitely looks like a good deal... lol and me with too little cash right now ;-P

Dankbud42o

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey there, Dankbud here! This was definitely a first that I've been searching for answers and came across my name on a different site haha. Swann was supposed to cancel my order but they didn't (not surprised because some people suck at life). Im running Blue Iris from my server and it auto detected the 881 camera fine. HOWEVER, the lag on this thing is incredibly slow, im talking like almost 2 minutes of a lag when watching Live view. My Hikvision cameras only have a few second delay vs this Swann that has a 1-2 minute delay. I've put the FPS down to 15, upgraded to buffer to 20MB, set Direct to Disc recording etc. Nothing has worked to speed this thing up yet :( I havent had much time to play with these but so far it's not looking too good :(

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hey there, Dankbud here! This was definitely a first that I've been searching for answers and came across my name on a different site haha. Swann was supposed to cancel my order but they didn't (not surprised because some people suck at life). Im running Blue Iris from my server and it auto detected the 881 camera fine. HOWEVER, the lag on this thing is incredibly slow, im talking like almost 2 minutes of a lag when watching Live view. My Hikvision cameras only have a few second delay vs this Swann that has a 1-2 minute delay. I've put the FPS down to 15, upgraded to buffer to 20MB, set Direct to Disc recording etc. Nothing has worked to speed this thing up yet :( I havent had much time to play with these but so far it's not looking too good :(
Thanks for the info. Thanks to Mat's post to the other forum, I've been checking it for your experiences. I already have a few Hikvision cams from EMPIRETECANDY, but thought this looked like too good deal to pass up. I wanted confirmation from their tech support about the lens, they finally responded saying it's 4mm, but by then they sold out... Looks like their delayed response helped me decide :), for the better.

Dankbud42o

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Thanks to Mat's post to the other forum, I've been checking it for your experiences. I already have a few Hikvision cams from EMPIRETECANDY, but thought this looked like too good deal to pass up. I wanted confirmation from their tech support about the lens, they finally responded saying it's 4mm, but by then they sold out... Looks like their delayed response helped me decide :), for the better.

Yea I havent checked back in there yet cause I havent had time to tweak the settings fully. Once I come to my final conclusion I'll post on there and here to let everyone know. I'm REALLY hoping i can get them to work with Blue Iris but im not really sure what else I can tweak to get rid of this delay. Its strange too tho cause when I had it closer to my switch it was less of a lag. Originally I was thinking "oh maybe its just something with this Cat6" so I swapped it to the other one outside, same result. There's no way both my cables are faulty but work fine with my 3/4 MP Hikvisions....

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have bought flashable white label Hikvision
Running 5.5.0 now.
Can sell for 110
Pm me if intrested please.