Looping Video in Blue Iris

Reaction score
Good Morning,

I am currently using Blue Iris and Lilin's UFG1122E 120FPS camera to capture some rudimentary slow motion on a machine in a manufacturing plant. I currently have the recording set up just for manual recording. The maintenance techs can click on the filmstrip icon and capture some video to analyze.

I am looking for a way to get Blue Iris to record in a loop, much like a dash cam. I would like to be able to set a max file size (per camera) and then when it reaches the max size, it either deletes it and starts over or just overwrites the file. I tried setting up the max file size to 1 gig (and delete upon getting to that size) and observed the file as it grew larger (continuous recording profile), only to see it blow right past the 1 gig limit and grow to 25 gigs before I stopped it and deleted it manually. The file is not protected.

Just wanted to see if this type of loop recording is possible and if so, what I might be missing in terms of setup.

Thanks in advance,

MB

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Good Morning,

I am currently using Blue Iris and Lilin's UFG1122E 120FPS camera to capture some rudimentary slow motion on a machine in a manufacturing plant. I currently have the recording set up just for manual recording. The maintenance techs can click on the filmstrip icon and capture some video to analyze.

I am looking for a way to get Blue Iris to record in a loop, much like a dash cam. I would like to be able to set a max file size (per camera) and then when it reaches the max size, it either deletes it and starts over or just overwrites the file. I tried setting up the max file size to 1 gig (and delete upon getting to that size) and observed the file as it grew larger (continuous recording profile), only to see it blow right past the 1 gig limit and grow to 25 gigs before I stopped it and deleted it manually. The file is not protected.

Just wanted to see if this type of loop recording is possible and if so, what I might be missing in terms of setup.

Thanks in advance,

MB
sure, set the limit in the record folder...use aux folders and record each camera to a new folder..