Lorex “No Disk” Issue

nestroyer

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all. Have been battling this issue for some time now. Basically every few days my Lorex NVR (N842) loses its HDD until reboot. I’ll get an app notification that the disk is corrupt and the remedy is to reboot the NVR. We aren’t at this property most of the year so it’s not easy to reboot the unit. I was thinking it was the HDD so I purchased a 14TB WD Purple Pro a couple days ago and just last night it happened again. Logs show nothing of value. The unit did beep a few times when it happened.

We have 6 cameras connected to it currently. 2 of them are run off a separate PoE+ switch. 2 of the cameras are Dahua 4K units. the NVR is plugged into a CyberPower UPS. Not sure if this helps any. I almost feel like it could be a short somewhere. I found a post on Reddit with similar symptoms but no remedy. Any tips appreciated.

nestroyer

n3wb
Reaction score
I figured I’d update this thread (for whatever it’s worth). I had a USB powered fan running off the NVRs USB port and think that may have been causing the issue. It’s been over a week since disconnecting it and it hasn’t crashed since. I don’t know for certain it was the issue but it seems promising. Will update if it happens again.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm kind of surprised the NVR accepted such a Gihugic Drive. When I'm browsing Amazon, some of the NVR's I've looked at have Max HDD size in the 5-8TB range. So That's cool you can store that much data on the Lorex.