Lorex Cameras - Equivalent to Starlight

TorontoDan

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have been browsing the forum for quite some time now. This is the first time I am posting because Lorex has a 25% sale on and I'd like to take advantage of it. I am looking for a product that will be similar performance to the Starlight cameras at night. I know the Lorex cameras are rebranded Duhau cameras but I couldn't find a cross reference guide.

I'm looking to get 4-6 cameras with a good day time performance and even better night performance. Does the "nocturnal" name on the 4k cameras really improve the night performance? Or are the sensors too big and they just use that for marketing?

Thanks, Dan

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome @TorontoDan

In general, Lorex sells customers camera's which consumers are more likely to buy - and thus selling models with more megapixels and wide FOVs instead of ones which will perform better in low light conditions.

Also, 25% off really does not fully mean 25% off as the prices on their website can fluctuate a lot. Also their individual camera imho are typically over priced.

Do look for Andy here if you want a better performing low light Dahua OEM camera ( starlight / starlight+ ). Also search for reviews by members.