Lorex cloud backup.... any thoughts on this product?

Moondog

n3wb
Reaction score
Came across this..

Here's on of their youtube videos...

I'd like maybe 4 of my cameras to be backed up to the cloud just in case. This looks pretty new and haven't seen anyone mention them.

What do you think?

Thanks
Eric

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What is the price and will your ISP start throttling you for the amount of data going thru your system. And will your internal system suffer from the nonstop, nonbuffering of this type of video streaming...

My cameras are on their own isolated network that does not touch the router or the internet. My cameras are streaming between 280Mbps to 350Mbps depending on motion. This is full-on, never stopping to take a breath. Even if someone has a gigabit internet, a 3rd of non-buffering 24/7 data will impact its speed.

People will say stuff like "we stream 5 TVs with no problem". Yeah that is because streaming services like Netflix and others buffer the video. It may buffer 15 seconds to a minute or more of video. This allows it to send some video, pause to let something else on the network use the internet, send some more video, and repeat process.

These cameras do not buffer and all full-on nonstop. Pull the internet cable and the surveillance camera stops instantly. Pull the internet cable while watching Netflix and you may get an additional minute of watching the video.

Moondog

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you. Yes, definitely concerned about upload bandwidth which is why I am only considering sending data from just a few of my 12 channels.

BTW, the device does have 32GB of memory to deal with buffering.

Thanks
Eric

What is the price and will your ISP start throttling you for the amount of data going thru your system. And will your internal system suffer from the nonstop, nonbuffering of this type of video streaming...

My cameras are on their own isolated network that does not touch the router or the internet. My cameras are streaming between 280Mbps to 350Mbps depending on motion. This is full-on, never stopping to take a breath. Even if someone has a gigabit internet, a 3rd of non-buffering 24/7 data will impact its speed.

People will say stuff like "we stream 5 TVs with no problem". Yeah that is because streaming services like Netflix and others buffer the video. It may buffer 15 seconds to a minute or more of video. This allows it to send some video, pause to let something else on the network use the internet, send some more video, and repeat process.

These cameras do not buffer and all full-on nonstop. Pull the internet cable and the surveillance camera stops instantly. Pull the internet cable while watching Netflix and you may get an additional minute of watching the video.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Pretty much cloud anything is a non-starter when it comes to video surveillance. Come up with proper on site storage for backup.