Lorex / Dahua OEM 4K 6x camera kit and 8 port NVR - Shutter speed adjustment

passat774

n3wb
Reaction score
I am attempting to get a plate reader located down at my mail box. My issue is that I have been unable to adjust shutter speed.

I connected to the cameras directly from the Dahua application but only have the following adjustments below;

upload_2018-8-4_11-48-39.png

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Can you connect to the cameras directly, not the NVR or through SmartPSS, but directly to the camera interface?

Are there links to the cameras under "Remote Device"?

passat774

n3wb
Reaction score
Can you connect to the cameras directly, not the NVR or through SmartPSS, but directly to the camera interface?

Are there links to the cameras under "Remote Device"?
I can see the cameras listed under "Remote Device"

I could not figure out how to create a static IP to connect directly to the camers

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
So on the Dahua branded NVR's with built-in POE ports, under the "Registration" tab you can access the cameras direct by clicking on the blue "IE" icon. The NVR switch assigns the cameras a 10.0.X.X address. (see image below)

I'm no network guru, but If you were to plug your laptop into the router and change the IP range to the same as the cameras (the 10.0.X.X range) and you know the IP address of the cameras, you should then be able to connect to them directly. Currently your computer is on the 192.168.X.X range so it can't communicate directly with the cameras unless your NVR has the feature shown below. I think some of the Lorex and other rebranded equipment disable and/or dumb down key features of both cameras and NVR's..

POE-NVR-AccessCameras.jpg