Lorex E891AB Bad Picture

srvfan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Not sure if I have posted in the right section, but I am currently experiencing issues with a Lorex E891AB camera.
I will post an image below, but in a nutshell, the picture seems to have gone bad. The feed is now displaying a distorted image which looks like I am in a blizzard.
I have rebooted several times, but no success. I’ve checked the connectors, and all seem to be properly seated. I ran and crimped the CAT6 wires and connectors myself. I’ve even switched POE ports, but again, same result.
This problem did not occur until our latest cold snap, and has been raining for two days here in GA. I’ve checked, and do not believe water has gotten inside the camera. I have a second camera that is mounted right beside of it pointing the other direction, and no issues with that one. Any clue as to what this could be? Maybe time for a new camera?
1613160248522.jpeg

srvfan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thank you. Unfortunately, it is pretty high up and hard to get to. I have a project of revamping my network closest and installing a rack, patch panels, switches, etc that will probably take up most of my time this weekend. I guess I will have to wait until early next week to begin taking it down and checking as you suggested. I may even look at replacing it with a new Dahua and using it for a cam inside the garage.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
use on each outside rj45 connector
dielectric grease
quality electrical tape
rubberized self-amalgamating tape

Also look at the connections on your new rack, may be one of them is bad.

srvfan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Actually, I have not moved anything to the new switch and rack yet. Right now, the camera runs straight into an Odiysurveil extender which powers 4 cameras on one line going to a cheap Amcrest switch. I’m beginning to wonder if that is the issue. This didn’t start until I powered up my new Dahua 5442 for testing a couple of nights ago. I’m thinking that the power coming from that cheap Amcrest 5 port switch is not enough to power all of them.
What’s weird, is the camera is now back to being clear. While I’m working on my network this weekend, I think I’ll unplug 2 cameras to see if that resolved the issue.
Oh, and thank you for installation advice. The connection is actually inside the soffit, in the attic with a waterproof connector. However, I will look at the items you mentioned and add those to my existing connections on all cameras.:)