Lorex ip camera 8 Channel , 4 camera with nvr

Reaction score
Hello I just bought lorex ip camera . Problem is I have exsisting cable where the previous installer has cate5 cable coming out from the ceiling but he has usb micro connection at the end mid the cable .so problem is that cable won’t work the lorex camera because it has rj45 connection

my question is can I use some kind of adapter to convert the usb micro connector to rj45
If so can u recommend a adapter . Will the attached adapter work ?

Attachments

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello I just bought lorex ip camera . Problem is I have exsisting cable where the previous installer has cate5 cable coming out from the ceiling but he has usb micro connection at the end mid the cable .so problem is that cable won’t work the lorex camera because it has rj45 connection

my question is can I use some kind of adapter to convert the usb micro connector to rj45
If so can u recommend a adapter . Will the attached adapter work ?
Hi @cricketbuff

Please take a picture of both ends of the installed cable, as well as any written material on the cable.

Do you know the make and model of cameras which were installed prior to this, and where they got the original cabling from?

Off hand, it sounds like a non-standard cabling installation .. thus I have some concerns ..