lorex ip camera compatibility with montavue NVR

Reaction score
HI ,

I have a Lorex IP Camera system with 32 cameras. Lorex's maximum storage capacity is 20TB, according to my understanding. That'll give me 13 days of recording time. My customer needs to save up to a month's worth of recordings; after doing some research online, I discovered that the Montave camera system can save up to 40 to 80 TB, which is exactly what I'm looking for. However, I'm not sure if lorex cameras work with the montavue nvr. Could you pls tell me if Mount Eve's system is compatible with Lorex cameron?

what i have now is :
  1. NC4K8MV : system
  2. LNE9292B : Camera 29
  3. E881AP : Camera 3

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Lorex and Montavue are both Dahua OEM, so they should be compatible.

I would suggest you look at the Dahua Line of NVRs as well. With 32 cameras, you need to make sure you get an NVR that has the bandwidth to support it. Maybe at that number the Montavue will, but might as well go to the source of the Lorex as a first shot.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
HI ,

I have a Lorex IP Camera system with 32 cameras. Lorex's maximum storage capacity is 20TB, according to my understanding. That'll give me 13 days of recording time. My customer needs to save up to a month's worth of recordings; after doing some research online, I discovered that the Montave camera system can save up to 40 to 80 TB, which is exactly what I'm looking for. However, I'm not sure if lorex cameras work with the montavue nvr. Could you pls tell me if Mount Eve's system is compatible with Lorex cameron?

what i have now is :
  1. NC4K8MV : system
  2. LNE9292B : Camera 29
  3. E881AP : Camera 3
Welcome @ispytechnologies

in addition to what @wittaj posted, I would recommend contacting Montavue - the few times I've chatted with them it was a good experience

Reaction score
Welcome @ispytechnologies

in addition to what @wittaj posted, I would recommend contacting Montavue - the few times I've chatted with them it was a good experience
Thank you guys for the feedback,

I contacted both Montavue and Dudahua, and neither could tell me if it worked or not; in fact, the Montavue employee advised me to check IPCAMTALK for an answer.

If someone
has ever attempted to connect a Lorex camera to a Montavue system, please let me know and tell me what kind of settings I'll need to make it work.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Of course they are going to tell you that. Their CSR is trained to only deal with brand on brand components.

They will *that the NVR may not be compatible with camera brands other than their own.

People here all the time take one type of Dahua OEM camera and hook it to another Dahua OEM NVR and it works just fine. It is the the same procedure to connect the cameras to the NVR. There are no different or special settings.

When my neighbor changed out his underperforming Lorex NVR with a Dahua NVR, he simply plugged the cameras into the ports one at a time and up they came in the NVR.

The only thing that might not work would be some special AI type function like ALPR for plate reading in a camera cannot be read in an NVR not capable of that. But those cameras you listed above are as basic as they come, so it will be no issue.

But for simple take a video feed into the NVR and set up alerts, etc., it will work just fine.

Reaction score
Of course they are going to tell you that. Their CSR is trained to only deal with brand on brand components.

They will *that the NVR may not be compatible with camera brands other than their own.

People here all the time take one type of Dahua OEM camera and hook it to another Dahua OEM NVR and it works just fine. It is the the same procedure to connect the cameras to the NVR. There are no different or special settings.

When my neighbor changed out his underperforming Lorex NVR with a Dahua NVR, he simply plugged the cameras into the ports one at a time and up they came in the NVR.

The only thing that might not work would be some special AI type function like ALPR for plate reading in a camera cannot be read in an NVR not capable of that. But those cameras you listed above are as basic as they come, so it will be no issue.

But for simple take a video feed into the NVR and set up alerts, etc., it will work just fine.

Thank you !! Awesome I'll try one of their nvr that capable is capable to store up to 40TB and let you know guys

Thank you so much !!