Lorex LNB8005 disassembly

lee john

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi
I wonder if someone has any experience with disassembling a lorex LNB8005 IP camera?
Please see attached PDF of the camera.

I have an Internal moisture/condensation issue with one of my cameras at night when the temperature drops.
I plan to open the camera up, dry the internals and case before leaving in a desiccator for several days.
I will then re-seal correctly in the desiccator as best I can.

There is a small hatch on the bottom which just allows access to a reset button but this is very small.
There is a seam/joint around the front bezel area of the camera and also some kind of gland/rotary joint at the back for the pigtail.

I did not want to try and risk levering off the front section in case it is held onto the camera internally (perhaps by the screw thread of the back gland)

Are they "factory sealed" at the front during assembly in the same manner that automotive ECUs are ?
Any advice on the disassembly of this camera (or one of similar design) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Lee

Attachments

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
IIRC you take the front plastic ring off the front with a spudge or pry tool of some sort. Then there should be screws to take the front part of the body off allowing access to the inside