Lorex LNR1180

jhunhapi

n3wb
Reaction score
I got this for Costco and I think it was a good deal last year. This replaced Lorex BNC got it from Costco from 2yrs prior buying this one. I looks good on the monitor but when you used the FLIR Cloud outside your house it dont connect most of the time. Its pissing my wife off and the blame is to me. The old Lorex app work wonderful.

Is there anyway around it? Can I use a different app for it? If I dont fix this she'll get a Vivint alarm system with ugly camera. But we already have Central Security Group alarm using Alarm.com. But I guess that a different topic. Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I got this for Costco and I think it was a good deal last year. This replaced Lorex BNC got it from Costco from 2yrs prior buying this one. I looks good on the monitor but when you used the FLIR Cloud outside your house it dont connect most of the time. Its pissing my wife off and the blame is to me. The old Lorex app work wonderful.

Is there anyway around it? Can I use a different app for it? If I dont fix this she'll get a Vivint alarm system with ugly camera. But we already have Central Security Group alarm using Alarm.com. But I guess that a different topic. Thanks
tell you wife that vivint is complete junk...they are scammers...the sales people will lie to your face..then get yo into a crazy contract...cameras will be complete shit.
Start reading the forum...

scquestions

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

I've been doing a lot of research recently, and this forum has been a great resource. Here's a few brief tips:

Next time when getting a system from Costco, don't use the wiring that is in the box, and keep everything that came with it just in case you need to return it. Their return policy is excellent and you can return a system even a year or more later.

The system is not secure out of the box. Please check out the following:

VPN Primer for Noobs

VPN Primer - or answers to questions you dare not ask....

Personally, I'm planning on using Tiny Cam Monitor Pro to view the cameras once they're connected to the Internet.

I recently got this system: FYI - Some local Costco B&M have a Lorex / Dahua OEM 4K 6x camera kit and 8 port NVR for $800

If you'd like, you can return your other system and upgrade. If you used the wiring that came in the box that could be a challenge though.

About your alarm system, I don't know what people on here recommend. You might want to do a search for that. I like the idea of Simplisafe and other simple solutions rather than going with a big company like ADT that are usually way overpriced and with a long term contract.

jhunhapi

n3wb
Reaction score
I know Vivint are up to no good. Im not going to get them for sure. I'll try to work something out for my alarm and fix my cctv. Costco have excelent return policy. Ive seen other people return stuff and 99% of the time they refund them. I dont see that Lorex no more in my Costco but I'll ask for it weres the nearest one have one. I'll read on the VPN for sure. But I still have to finish my side yard cement and 14 x 8 storage from Costco first. Then I'll clean up my cctv problem. Any more pointers

scquestions

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I know Vivint are up to no good. Im not going to get them for sure. I'll try to work something out for my alarm and fix my cctv. Costco have excelent return policy. Ive seen other people return stuff and 99% of the time they refund them. I dont see that Lorex no more in my Costco but I'll ask for it weres the nearest one have one. I'll read on the VPN for sure. But I still have to finish my side yard cement and 14 x 8 storage from Costco first. Then I'll clean up my cctv problem. Any more pointers
If you give Costco the item number they should be able to look it up in their system and let you know if they should be getting any more in. And you can call around too and ask other stores.

I'd just recommend you keep reading on here and ask for help if you need it. I've learned a lot on here and people such as fenderman have helped me out.

scquestions

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you decide what system you're going with?