Lorex LNR118S - Firmware Upgrade to 00048, now RTSP over TCP no longer works

texasmug

n3wb
Reaction score
I didn't want to upgrade the firmware as everything worked just fine. But I got tired of the upgrade firmware dialog box always on the screen of my video monitor partially blocking my camera views and seemingly no way to permanently prevent it from showing. So I reluctantly did the upgrade and that's when the issue of viewing my cameras in TinyCam Pro started. I reached out to Lorex and their solution was to use their app. Although that works, in comparison to TinyCam, their app simply sucks.

My TinyCam settings should be fine as they worked prior to the firmware upgrade and had for the last 3.5 years that I've owned the system. I can switch protocols from RTSP over TCP to Snapshot (JPEG) protocol and successfully view Channel 1 (I have 4 channels/cameras). However, even if I change the Channel in the TinyCam settings to 2 or 3 or 4, it will only display channel 1 when using Snapshot protocol. But viewing channel 1 with that protocol does work in TinyCam.

When using the RTSP over TCP protocol "Camera status" in TinyCam shows as OK, however, it's not getting a feed on LAN or WAN and will timeout.

Any suggestions? Even if it's revert to the old firmware and tell me how to clear the upgrade firmware dialog box from always appearing on my screen, I'm willing to do that, as well. I just want it to work like it did before the upgrade. Thanks in advance!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you insure the RTSP port in the cam is still what Tinycam expects to see (usually 554)?

texasmug

n3wb
Reaction score
Awesome! Thank you! When I had reached out to them they weren't as helpful. I actually recently found the old firmware online and reverted to it and it was no longer prompting me to upgrade. But I'll get this new one installed this weekend! Thanks again!

tmushy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I ran into this exact same issue and Lorex support provided me with a newer firmware, 00053. This has fixed the RTSP stream issue and since they sent me a mediafire link that I'm not sure will stay available, I'm attaching the firmware here.
Thank you for this !