Lorex LNR380 NVR - What Hikvision model is it?

Altivec

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I have a Costco Lorex kit that I'd like to get a newer Hikvision firmware onto. The NVR is labeled as LNR380, it's an 8 channel with 8 port POE supporting 1080p. How can I find what model of Hikvision NVR this equates to so that I put the right firmware on it? This kit came with the 2MP MCNB2153 cameras (Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I). I successfully flashed one of those to 5.1.6 based on recommendations here to not go past that version, and now have the 3MP option.
Anyone else had success with this or can shed some light on what firmware file to download for the NVR?

Last edited by a moderator:

Desperate

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
Question for your. Does your LNR380 works ok? Does it sending alert emails without any issue? My stopped 2 weeks ago and I cannot figured out why every time I want to send test email the system gives me "Test failed" error.
Thank you

Altivec

n3wb
Reaction score
It stopped for a while, and I had to update the security settings on Gmail's website to allow less-secure emails. Then it started working, but now has stopped again. I'm in the process of trying to update the firmware. I got the 2.3.11 firmware (from the US site for DS-7608NI-SE(P)) loaded via TFTP. This worked, although it didn't help email. I then tried to load 3.1.1 from the european site, and the box is no longer responsive. Need to do some more troubleshooting, but will try to downgrade tonight back to 2.3.11.

Desperate

n3wb
Reaction score
Maaaan, what a pain! I do not know, what is the former Lorex now Flir problem with support. But, I have only US version of the firmware V2.2.7 build 131218, encoding version V1.0 build 130109. Please keep me posted is you successfully make your box sending these emails.
This is really headbanging some silly issue problem. I will check my gmail to see if the less secure emails are allowed.
Thank you.

Desperate

n3wb
Reaction score
Well, the "less secure emails" option is turned on, but, still no emails from the NVR. :nightmare: No idea what next.

OneIopen

n3wb
Reaction score
Lorex LNR380 NVR

Hi,

I have a lorex 380 and 4mp hikvision cameras DS-2CD2742FWD-IZS connections is fine and it shows up on the list but I am unable to see live view.

when I enable DHCP I can login and vie it online. Any ideas ?