Lorex LNR6163 won't stay in corridor mode

Reaction score
Hi, So I have an Amcrest IP3M-956E dome camera that I'm trying to put in corridor mode. The issue I'm having is when I go to camera settings and click on corridor mode in the nvr, it would work for 1 second and go back to regular mode. Same thing goes for flipping the camera in anything direction, it would only work for 1 second and goes back.

I have another camera which is a Dahua and it does the same thing.

I notice only lorex cameras doesn't have a issue.

Is there a fix for this, any suggestion would help. Thanks!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, So I have an Amcrest IP3M-956E dome camera that I'm trying to put in corridor mode. The issue I'm having is when I go to camera settings and click on corridor mode in the nvr, it would work for 1 second and go back to regular mode. Same thing goes for flipping the camera in anything direction, it would only work for 1 second and goes back.

I have another camera which is a Dahua and it does the same thing.

I notice only lorex cameras doesn't have a issue.

Is there a fix for this, any suggestion would help. Thanks!
Do you want corridor mode to be in effect until you disable it? If so, have you tried logging into the cam itself to see if it has a setting as well for corridor mode (or landscape + rotate, etc. ) that you can configure?

Reaction score
Do you want corridor mode to be in effect until you disable it? If so, have you tried logging into the cam itself to see if it has a setting as well for corridor mode (or landscape + rotate, etc. ) that you can configure?
Yes, I want to keep it in corridor mode. I'm using the Lorex NVR to control the camera. I'm sure the NVR is limiting the camera settings capability. Is there a way to log in the camera settings from the NVR? Can I connect the camera to the Lorex lan port and log in to the camera that way?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, I want to keep it in corridor mode. I'm using the Lorex NVR to control the camera. I'm sure the NVR is limiting the camera settings capability. Is there a way to log in the camera settings from the NVR? Can I connect the camera to the Lorex lan port and log in to the camera that way?
Honestly, I don't have an NVR (I use Blue Iris on a PC) but I have heard other forum members address your question, so hopefully one will chime in here.

The Lorex site states that your model has POE. From what I gather, the LAN of the NVR (and subsequently your network) are likely on a different subnet from the what the NVR assigns to the cams connected to the POE ports. In other words, the NVR LAN and, of course, your network, could be on something like 192.168.1.xxx but the cams and where the NVR internally communicates ONLY with the cams could be on something like 10.1.1.xxx.

Look in NVR setup and write down the IP's of the cams. Give your PC a static IP that is in same subnet of the cam you want to configure.
Plug the PC into one of the NVR's POE ports with a standard Ethernet cable (straight-thru T-568B or A on BOTH ends, not crossover), launch a browser and put in the cam's IP in your browser.

If that doesn't work, try Dahua's IP Config tool ==>> here.

If I am totally wrong about this, my apologies but I was hoping someone that does have an NVR could help you, but after 5 hours I thought I'd try.

@alastairstevenson , am I incorrect here? If so, can you help @drunkenbeast ?

Reaction score
Honestly, I don't have an NVR (I use Blue Iris on a PC) but I have heard other forum members address your question, so hopefully one will chime in here.

The Lorex site states that your model has POE. From what I gather, the LAN of the NVR (and subsequently your network) are likely on a different subnet from the what the NVR assigns to the cams connected to the POE ports. In other words, the NVR LAN and, of course, your network, could be on something like 192.168.1.xxx but the cams and where the NVR internally communicates ONLY with the cams could be on something like 10.1.1.xxx.

Look in NVR setup and write down the IP's of the cams. Give your PC a static IP that is in same subnet of the cam you want to configure.
Plug the PC into one of the NVR's POE ports with a standard Ethernet cable (straight-thru T-568B or A on BOTH ends, not crossover), launch a browser and put in the cam's IP in your browser.

If that doesn't work, try Dahua's IP Config tool ==>> here.

If I am totally wrong about this, my apologies but I was hoping someone that does have an NVR could help you, but after 5 hours I thought I'd try.

@alastairstevenson , am I incorrect here? If so, can you help @drunkenbeast ?
Thanks TonyR it totally solved my problem. It works like a charm, you actually get better control of the camera from the web interface compare to the NVR where you're limited.