Lorex N841 DVR question

droidkid

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I own an N841 I bought I few years ago with 4 camera. I want to add a few more but they literally don't have any stock of cameras that support my DVR. I'm a little confused on to how any of the new model cameras are not supported on the dvr? Why wouldn't something like E842CDB work on my DVR.

I've setup a ton of Lorex stuff in the past for families but they are all BNC and I remember flipping from 720P cameras to 1080P cameras without any issue.

To be fair I actually have not tried any of the other Lorex IP cameras on my N841I just noticed the compatibility page doesn't list my DVR

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I own an N841 I bought I few years ago with 4 camera. I want to add a few more but they literally don't have any stock of cameras that support my DVR. I'm a little confused on to how any of the new model cameras are not supported on the dvr? Why wouldn't something like E842CDB work on my DVR.

I've setup a ton of Lorex stuff in the past for families but they are all BNC and I remember flipping from 720P cameras to 1080P cameras without any issue.

To be fair I actually have not tried any of the other Lorex IP cameras on my N841I just noticed the compatibility page doesn't list my DVR

Hi @droidd

"Lorex N841 DVR question"

I checked, and looks like it is a N841 NVR with IP PoE ports, and the camera is an IP PoE camera, all appear to be Dahua OEM.

SO it should be compatible as the NVR reports to support "4K" and the camera is "4K"

You may need to sync user / password, and port information if plug and play is not working.

I would call Lorex support and see what they say.

1718991479611.png

1718991554179.png

Camera
1718991647557.png

1718991699498.png

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Run VLC and go to "Media" => "Open Network Stream" and put in the following URL with the NVR's username and password and the NVR's LAN port IP address. Be sure to place 2 "/" after "rtsp:" as forum software won't allow 2 to be displayed consecutively. Insure your syntax, spelling punctuation is flawless:

Code:
rtsp:/NVR-username:NVR-password@NVR-LAN-IPaddress:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0
This should display the IP camera running on channel 1 of the NVR; try another channel and put that channel # in the URL in place of where I have the "1".

If this works it's a great indication that a Dahua, Loryta, Amcrest or any other Dahua-OEM'd IP camera, and most ONVIF-compliant cameras, will work with your Lorex NVR.