Lorex Security is not connecting to the internet

infogaby

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a wired lorex security system, the cameras all work and I can see all activities on the monitor, but not on my app since it is OFFLINE

On the DVR the NET light is greyed out until 1 month ago I was able to monitor it with the lorex app on my iPhone but not anymore. see picture of DVR attached.

On the back where the Ethernet cable is plugged in its blinking green

I put a new router on there to get stronger internet it is a different name - that's the only change I made.

What I tried so far with no luck:

New Ethernet cables
rebooted router and dvr
put old router back on the system

it shows under P2P OFFLINE

I called Lorex and there wanted to do a factory default which I refused to do since the person who helped me with the setup is not available any longer.

I recommended to them to just do a network reset - but still hesitating. If I do a network reset, what exactly changes

Any suggestions would be great since I am planning a trip and would like to get it working again.

One more thing, I am outside of the US so I cannot return it to Lorex L

Attachments

RavenDave

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had the Lorex system with 6 cameras. Same experience about 2 years ago. Turned out the internal network adapter in the NVR died. Lorex said I could purchase a new NVR. I took the opportunity to go with Blue Iris. Much happier. Hope yours is something else, but Blue Iris is so much better.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So this happened after you changed the router?

If so, your old router and new router are probably on different IP subnets.

Since you have old router, see what IP address the router was and make the new router the same IP address.

And if that doesn't work, then delete the account and retry the P2P setup.

If that doesn't work, then the network adapter probably died. I have had that happen. After several issues with NVRs, I went to Blue Iris and haven't looked back.

infogaby

n3wb
Reaction score
So this happened after you changed the router?

If so, your old router and new router are probably on different IP subnets.

Since you have old router, see what IP address the router was and make the new router the same IP address.

And if that doesn't work, then delete the account and retry the P2P setup.

If that doesn't work, then the network adapter probably died. I have had that happen. After several issues with NVRs, I went to Blue Iris and haven't looked back.
Thanks for the info - Do you know how to change the op addresse? The person who setup my wired cameras etc is not available anymore and I checked to setup new P2P but all it says is Offline and the only option was a switch for enable or disable. Thanks

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You said that you "put old router back on the system".
Did your LAN have Internet access again after that?
If so, did you then restart the DVR/NVR since then and insure P2P is enabled under network settings?

infogaby

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anyone think a factory reset could work? Sometimes the NET light on the NVR comes on briefly same in the back where the ethernet cable is plugged in its is blinking green and occasionally the yellow/orange light is flashing?

I did connected my laptop with the same cable and the light on the router was solid green and I had wifi immediately, that's the reason I thing the NVR ethernet port is not working anymore?

Did anyone ever tried to exchange the Ethernet port on the NVR?

thanks for any feedback - just want to try everything before maybe buying a new NVR :-(

Starglow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Does anyone think a factory reset could work? Sometimes the NET light on the NVR comes on briefly same in the back where the ethernet cable is plugged in its is blinking green and occasionally the yellow/orange light is flashing?

I did connected my laptop with the same cable and the light on the router was solid green and I had wifi immediately, that's the reason I thing the NVR ethernet port is not working anymore?

Did anyone ever tried to exchange the Ethernet port on the NVR?

thanks for any feedback - just want to try everything before maybe buying a new NVR :-(
You need to log into the NVR GUI interface and see how the network is currently configured whether it is set for static IP address or DHCP mode. Set it to DHCP mode and see it the NVR connects to the network with the new router. If you don't know how to do that then perhaps you could find someone local to help you.