Lorex setup help needed

PointLookout247

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, first post so here goes.

I purchased a lorex 4k nvr w/ 6 cam system from costco and it contains;

1x NVR - LNR6100
6x CAM - LNB8005B

I setup the nvr (poe) and 1 of the cams and this works great through the NVR and also thru the dDMSS LITE app. I dont need access to remote view over internet, as i have a vpn setup with openvpn on my phone for a secure network. I will access the cams when not at home through this vpn. When at home via my usual network /wifi.

I have 2 issues;

1) I cannot connect to TinyCam Pro on my home wifi. When i try the search network is doesn't find anything. I try the manual settings and although it says camera status 'OK' i cannot view the camera. The one thing i noticed was that the camera protocol in nvr is private, and i created a new feed and changed the channel to 2 and settings to onvif and the status for this on the nvr shows as offline - does this camera not support onvif i thought it did.

The settings in NVR;
the camera shows ip 10.1.1.xxx
nvr shows : 192.168.1.xxx w/ dhcp on.
ip version: ipv4
lan download: yes

then in cam settings, remote device, i added camera 1 with 3 different settings /channels;
channel1 - port 35000 , protocol private - this is found on network
channel2 - port 37777 , protocol onvif - this is not found on network
channel3 - port 35000 , protocol onvif - this is not found on network

The settings in TinyCam Pro;
enabled: yes
brand: Lorex
model: LNx Series
hostname: 192.168.1.xxx
web port number: 35000 (default is 80)
protocol: server push (mjpeg)
rtsp port number: 554 (default)
username: same as on nvr
pwd: same as on nvr

advanced settings;
autoupdate remote ip address - off
remote hostname/ip address: 192.168.1.xxx
remote web port number: 35000 (default 80)
remote rtsp port number 554
use https: off
port fwd: n/a

2) The firmware status for the camera says to be upgraded and is on firmware 2.460. How do i upgrade the firmware? The documentation seems to say that this is done automatically, but there is no firmware for this camera on the lorex website.

help appreciated
thanks

PointLookout247

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
to add; i also have the switch settings turned off because im not sure why thats needed. I can also view the camera from logging into browser via ip 192.168.1.xxx and i have access to the system setup. its only tinycam pro that doesnt work.

PointLookout247

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
got it resolved, it was tinycam pro settings which had to be changed to another lorex model or dahua as make...

working with lorex support for the firmware as it wont update over internet.

Lukasd718

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm having exactly the same issue with Lorex ( same system as yours) Can you tell me how did you get this to work please

Thanks

Vic Kore

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I am in the same boat as you are ...
I got the Tinycam Pro linked to the Lorex NVR, however I can view only one camera connected to Channel #1 out of the total 8 channels. I'm not so tech savy, but I tried to find the ip addresses for the other three cameras connected to channels 2, 3 and 4.
These channels are listed as private protocol ports (I don't even know what it means) and I guess therefore the ip address is not available.
I would like to use Tinycam Pro as my VMS on my android phone - so much better than the Lorex app - it has so many more useful features!
I am wondering if a 8 port poe switch would solve the problem - - > connected in the following configuration
Camera(s) >> poe >> NVR

Thank you all

PointLookout247

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You have to use the actual NVR ip address not the camera ip, then on tiny cam change the channel to 1,2, etc.

I can post the settings later which work for far...

PointLookout247

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is what's in tinycam. The first one shows the camera type the second image is from advanced settings where u change the camera numbers.

To note, don't like connecting to internet for the NVR. Instead I can view thru internal network or via VPN with open VPN on android and Asus router.

Attachments