Loryta SD49225XA-HNR Trigger Happy

8trek

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Bought this thing about a year ago from Andy. Not a fun camera to deal with since you cannot use any browser but the now obsolete Internet Explorer browser which requires jumping through many hoops but I digress. Depending on the time of year including now it is constantly triggering and auto tracking on apparently tree shadows. I have smart motion detection set to only detect humans and motor vehicles. Sensitivity is set to low. Anyone out there have one of these cameras that could share their experience and/or how it's setup?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Use only IVS rules, do not use Smart Motion Detection.

I repeat do not use Smart Motion Detection.

Nobody here uses smart motion detection with autotracking cameras, and most do not use it with cameras with AI either - IVS only is a much better approach in 99% of the applications out there.

Simply use IVS and leave the min object size at 0,0 and let the camera do its thing.

I have two of these and the only time it triggers is when it is supposed to.

Explorer is still there and there are ways to get Explorer again.

The simple way is to change the BHO folder to another name like oldBHO and BAM Explorer is back...and this thread also shows other ways...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\111.0.1512.48\

Then change BHO to oldBHO or something else and Explorer will open

Looks Like Internet Explorer Died Today

Or this way:

Trouble with new DS-2CD3B86G2T-IZHSY -missing part of menu

"But I upgraded to Win11" .... yep still available:

Internet Explorer via W11

8trek

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks, that appears to have solved the happy trigger issue. More time will tell. Regarding IE in my experience when you change the bho folder after about a day or two due to presumably windows updates you have to repeat the process. Currently i'm adding the camera's http address in the white list area built into the edge settings but this only lasts 30 days and once again have to repeat the process. Thought about writing a script to automate this but haven't gotten motivated enough to try and deal with that.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Glad to hear turning off SMD fixed the trigger happy alerts.

Explorer can be fixed as well.

Go into Task Scheduler and delete/disable any items Windows has added that deals with Edge.

They have now made it so you cannot uninstall Edge, but then they also snuck in some Task Schedulers that run constantly. Some on my computer are running every hour and some are once a day.

They are looking for Edge updates every 12 hours.

I was wondering why Edge kept updating and kept opening up along when I would open Explorer.

So for those of us that lock down and disable Windows Updates, be sure to check your Task Scheduler for any updates they have hidden here.

Here where the ones that showed up in mine one day.

1665060346278.png

8trek

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for that as well... just disabled 2 that i found... will see how long this lasts. Again, appreciate you taking the time to respond in detail.

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have one of those and it shows Total working time 1028 days.
About a week ago it started giving constant ONVIF alert so I turned it off and went back to using BI triggers.
After reading this topic I logged in with IE and sure enough it had enabled motion detection. I turned it off, saved, rebooted, logged back in and it was back on. Wash Rinse and Repeat didn't work.
@wittaj , Would you suggest a factory reset.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have one of those and it shows Total working time 1028 days.
About a week ago it started giving constant ONVIF alert so I turned it off and went back to using BI triggers.
After reading this topic I logged in with IE and sure enough it had enabled motion detection. I turned it off, saved, rebooted, logged back in and it was back on. Wash Rinse and Repeat didn't work.
@wittaj , Would you suggest a factory reset.
Since you are using BI, many of us have found that it turns on motion detection in this particular camera (even though it shouldn't be able to).

As a hack, many of us turn the sensitivity to the least sensitive and make the zone one block in corner and set the schedule to a very short period. That way even if it turn on, the likelihood it triggers is small.

8trek

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Since you are using BI, many of us have found that it turns on motion detection in this particular camera (even though it shouldn't be able to).

As a hack, many of us turn the sensitivity to the least sensitive and make the zone one block in corner and set the schedule to a very short period. That way even if it turn on, the likelihood it triggers is small.
I thought i was imagining this but after reading your last post that must be what's happened to me in the past too. Like you said, how is it possible for BI to change a camera setting? I have all the motion settings set to zero squares, low sensitivity, etc.