Losing signal on all cameras randomly after BI 4 to 5 upgrade....

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
14 cameras currently running. Everything was fine on BI4. CPU about 25%. Gigabit connection from PC to my Unifi switch. 75 mbps constant stream from all cameras. Nothing else being done on the PC. Tons of bandwidth unused.

After upgrade, enabled substreams. CPU now 2% with substreams enabled on each camera. Framerates all what they're set to in encode so everything keeping up. Basically very underutilized machine and network bandwidth.

Cameras a mix of Hikvision, Dahua, Sunba, Sony, and a few Reolinks.

Random signal loss on all cameras one at a time randomly. Often the stream restores itself. When it doesn't, rebooting the camera makes no difference. Selecting restart camera in the BI right menu makes no difference. Quitting BI and restarting the service DOES work in this case.

I never had this issue with BI4.

Left Coast Geek

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
well, i have bi 5.5.x and a mix of currently 7 reolink, dahua(empire, amcrest), hikvision, and haven't had any issues. i'm using cheap generic 'stupid' POE switches

Swampledge

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Sorka, it may be useful to post what version of BI you are running. Some folks here have reported reverting back to earlier versions of BI 5 to resolve some bugs.

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Sorka, it may be useful to post what version of BI you are running. Some folks here have reported reverting back to earlier versions of BI 5 to resolve some bugs.
Good point. It's the very latest....5.5.1.2 x64 (9/25/2021)

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Interestingly, it's now been 22 hours since the last loss of signal. I haven't changed anything.

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So I've had no more signal drops since moving from 5.5.1.2 to 5.5.1.3 and now on 5.5.1.4.