Lost alerts and clips in database

Slate2000

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
One of my cameras lost all alerts and clips. When I click on the camera Alerts or Clips tabs , (in both BI5 and UI3 , UI3 version 92, Blue Iris version: 5.0.5.9 ), I get the message "No Recordings Found". The camera continues to record. I see motion alerts. All the other camera display appropriate Alerts and Clips.

I did Compact/Rebuild, Repair/Maintenance and Regenerate. Nothing changed.

I noticed that in the BI database file (on the c drive) the "view.cam.SHORTNAME.dat" was missing. Not sure what to do next.

Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
One of my cameras lost all alerts and clips. When I click on the camera Alerts or Clips tabs , (in both BI5 and UI3 , UI3 version 92, Blue Iris version: 5.0.5.9 ), I get the message "No Recordings Found". The camera continues to record. I see motion alerts. All the other camera display appropriate Alerts and Clips.

I did Compact/Rebuild, Repair/Maintenance and Regenerate. Nothing changed.

I noticed that in the BI database file (on the c drive) the "view.cam.SHORTNAME.dat" was missing. Not sure what to do next.

Thanks!
check the storage folders and see if the clips are there (alerts are simply pointers to clips and you wont see alert files). If they are there, close blue iris, delete the DB folder and restart. Let the database rebuild itself.

Slate2000

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Many thanks Fenderman! Worked like a charm!

If I have suggestions for BI improvements/features, is it best to contact BI support, or vet through ipcamtalk?