Lost all cameras can't figure out why.

GeneralXTL

n3wb
Reaction score
Everything was working fine. My old router clunked out on me and I got a new one. New one had issues and will be returned but when i was connecting my CCTV computer to the new network I lost all my cameras. They all display the following;

Error: 8000274c (timeout; check IP address and port) 0

After removing the computer from the network i still can't get it to connect. I plugged my POE switch into another computer and ran Amcrest IP config tool and found 8 devices (should only be 4) There are 4 with the correct IP addresses that I set and 4 with random giberish for the IP such as fe80::9e14:63ff......../64 For some reason those I can connect to and run the cameras in the browser. When i ran the same tool on the CCTV computer those random ip addresses didn't show only the regular ones which I can't connect to.

Any ideas? ive been at this all week. The only thing i havent tried is taking down the cameras and manually resetting them to factory settings (Which im close to doing at this point)

EDIT: Update. It always seems to be after I ask for help i figure out the solution. My problem was that my new network had changed my DNS server from a .1. to a .50. Luckly I was able to use what i thought was giberish IP to access the cameras, change their gateway and IP to match and suddenly blue iris picked them up. I still don't know why I couldn't find those odd links for my cameras on one computer but i could on another. Hopefully when my new router comes later today I wont have this issue again or at least i should be able to fix it.

Last edited:

RSYC

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Everything was working fine. My old router clunked out on me and I got a new one. New one had issues and will be returned but when i was connecting my CCTV computer to the new network I lost all my cameras. They all display the following;

Error: 8000274c (timeout; check IP address and port) 0

After removing the computer from the network i still can't get it to connect. I plugged my POE switch into another computer and ran Amcrest IP config tool and found 8 devices (should only be 4) There are 4 with the correct IP addresses that I set and 4 with random giberish for the IP such as fe80::9e14:63ff......../64 For some reason those I can connect to and run the cameras in the browser. When i ran the same tool on the CCTV computer those random ip addresses didn't show only the regular ones which I can't connect to.

Any ideas? ive been at this all week. The only thing i havent tried is taking down the cameras and manually resetting them to factory settings (Which im close to doing at this point)

EDIT: Update. It always seems to be after I ask for help i figure out the solution. My problem was that my new network had changed my DNS server from a .1. to a .50. Luckly I was able to use what i thought was giberish IP to access the cameras, change their gateway and IP to match and suddenly blue iris picked them up. I still don't know why I couldn't find those odd links for my cameras on one computer but i could on another. Hopefully when my new router comes later today I wont have this issue again or at least i should be able to fix it.

Techno newb here. Same issue just happened to me. If I log onto the camera’s IP address I can see they are working fine. Can someone advise how I can find out if something has changed my DNS server like what happened to the OP and if so, what I need to update with new DNS server info so I get everything back online with BI?? In my case I just saw the monitors suddenly go to no signal, but other than that everything has been working flawlessly for several weeks with no changes to the system.

Update I out-newbed myself . Apparently I had knocked my Ethernet cable loose while plugging in a USB plug so it was that simple.....

Last edited:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
The camera traffic should not be going through a router to begin with so DNS is not actually needed for the cameras since there is, literally, no routing at all. All of mine have bogus DNS and gateway addresses to help insure that they don't "phone home".

Last edited:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Alternately 0.0.0.0 works too.

What probably actually caused your loss of the cameras is that the new router uses a different IP subnet. The cameras don't renew their DHCP address often so it took a little while. Best practice is to set static IP address outside the DHCP range of the router in each camera.