lost blueiris key

dave888

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
just installed new HD and downloaded BI again. Tried to look for the key and cant find the bloody thing. Ive still got BI on the old hard drive is there anyway to recover this? So annoyed, I always keep a diligent log of passwords etc.

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
just installed new HD and downloaded BI again. Tried to look for the key and cant find the bloody thing. Ive still got BI on the old hard drive is there anyway to recover this? So annoyed, I always keep a diligent log of passwords etc.
You can clone the old drive to the new one or if you have the mobile app it shows you the first and last 5 digits of the key which you can send to Blue Iris support and they will send you your key.

dave888

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i dont want to clone the drive its a fresh install. I havent got the mobile app.

dave888

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
its ok ive just gone through my gmail and found it! Im printing it out x500 sheets!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah BI's key is stored in the Windows Registry in a slightly obfuscated format so reading it isn't easy. bp2008/biupdatehelper can do it but you need to have the key loaded into the registry, in which case you probably don't need to know it.