"Lost Connection to Service (2)" error and how do you completely remove BI to re-install if needed?

djborden

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I started getting the error "lost connection to service (2)". The system has been very reliable with no errors until recently when it started popping up stopping BI from running. I tried the current most stable version of BI along with the latest build. I am running this with Codeproject.AI on 2.19.

I copied my videos and the BI directors to a backup directory just in case I need to retrieve something after it was uninstalled, I then uninstalled BI and Code Project, and deleted all known files and directories related to BI and code project including scrubbing the registry. (even searched from the root of C) When re-installing BI, it found a backup and restored it and I am still getting the error.

Either BI found the backups in unrelated directors to BI, or I missed something somewhere.

Any suggestions for fixing the lost connection to service error, or what I missed when trying to uninstall Blue Iris.

David