Lost Hikvision DS-2CD20

pixel

n3wb
Reaction score
I was playing around with a Hikvision DS-2CD20, I had it on a sub network working fine, then changed around my network and ip address scheme.

-Then I did a reset with the WPS button and tried to find it with SADP nothing.
-Tried pinging the ip addresses (old and factory) nothing.
- I looked in the browser for the old and factory ip(192.168.1.64) nothing.
-Reset up the old sub network and looked for it nothing

I set the computer ip address scheme to the same as the camera address I have been searching. Hooked the camera straight to the computer to look for it hooked it to network to look for it. The camera is on with POE ir lights light up.

Does anyone know any tip tricks to scan for the ip- reset the camera – or anything I might be missing ?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Usually SADP is very good at finding a camera that's on the same wired network but not in the same IP address range.
How is your PC connected? It's known to not work so well from a WiFi connected PC.
Also the current version is 3.x http://overseas.hikvision.com/en/tools_82.html
Another thing to try is if the camera is still looking for the tftp server on startup.
With the camera and PC wired to the switch or router as normal, and the PC IP address set as 192.0.0.128, use 'ping -t 192.0.0.64' and power cycle the camera.
Normal would be 2 or 3 responses a second or 2 after power on, not repeating.
And repeat with the PC IP address on 192.168.1.128 and 'ping -t 192.168.1.64'.

Do you have any old custom firewall rules on your PC from the old range that may get in the way in the new range?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
then changed around my network and ip address scheme.
It was the network that was changed - not the camera.
The camera was reset in preparation for using SADP to change the settings to match.

pixel

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks guys..

I found it. I had to play with the reset, holding the button while power on/off. then it finally went back to the factory 192.168.1.64

Not sure what happened the old address just disappeared when I attempted to do the failed reset. ? ^&

Last edited by a moderator: