lost my camera ip address

kiwibird

n3wb
Reaction score
I changed routers, and have lost one camera. I know the mac address and router wont find the ip when I map ip to mac address. Fing, a great andriod app doesnt find it. (it scans the subnet for devices)
Im not sure the factory ip, but dont know how to reset it regardless.
Any ideas?
Its hard wired via a lan cable, and the hub light shows connected, and goes off when I unplug the cable.
Have done power cycles of everything too.
Its a brand x cantock h.264 port 34567

PDJ

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Kiwibird did you try to ip scan your network with an ipscanner

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I changed routers, and have lost one camera. I know the mac address and router wont find the ip when I map ip to mac address. Fing, a great andriod app doesnt find it. (it scans the subnet for devices)
Im not sure the factory ip, but dont know how to reset it regardless.
Any ideas?
Its hard wired via a lan cable, and the hub light shows connected, and goes off when I unplug the cable.
Have done power cycles of everything too.
Its a brand x cantock h.264 port 34567
Maybe it's Onvif-compatible, googlefu says some are. If so, try Onvif Device Manager, download from sourceforge here, wiki here.
Some model's manual here says default IP is 192.168.1.168, no clue as to how to reset. Good luck!

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Run advanced ip scanner from a PC that is hardwired to the same network your camera is connected to. Are you sure your new router has the same IP table as your previous router? For example if your old device was set up on a private 10.x.x.x network but your new router is a traditional 192.x.x.x network your not going to find your camera unless you had it set to DHCP as if it's static you'll not see it.

If you know the old IP you can set your PC to a static ip one digit off from the camera and direct connect them to access it, at that time set a new IP to your new IP table, then reconnect to the router and you should be good.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Run advanced ip scanner from a PC that is hardwired to the same network your camera is connected to. Are you sure your new router has the same IP table as your previous router? For example if your old device was set up on a private 10.x.x.x network but your new router is a traditional 192.x.x.x network your not going to find your camera unless you had it set to DHCP as if it's static you'll not see it.

If you know the old IP you can set your PC to a static ip one digit off from the camera and direct connect them to access it, at that time set a new IP to your new IP table, then reconnect to the router and you should be good.
All good points and advice I failed to mention, as I tend to think folks know some of these methods (I'd like to stop that bad habit, but at 68 I've practiced it too long!)