Low CPU usage until I load the web interface

airmissle

n3wb
Reaction score
I just put together a new Ryzen 3950x machine for my cameras and its working really well, until I try and load up the web UI, then the CPU hits 100% and doesn't recover until I restart BI. I have over 3500MP/s and less than 10% CPU usage, until I try and use the web ui from another device and then it basically crashes. I am currently running a really old ATI graphics card, but swapped to an old Nvidia to see if that helped but I have the same behavior(attempted Nvidia HW accel on web streaming).

1615073111207.png

Any ideas?
Thanks!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You obviously are not using the substreams and I suspect have not done the optimizations as shown in the wiki. From the Wiki - For loads greater than 1500 MP/s, all bets are off. You are double that so once you open a UI it goes to crap. With the substreams going, your MP/s will drop tremendously and will be sub 5% and will not tax your system when opening up a UI.

Make sure you have done everything here first:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just put together a new Ryzen 3950x machine for my cameras and its working really well, until I try and load up the web UI, then the CPU hits 100% and doesn't recover until I restart BI. I have over 3500MP/s and less than 10% CPU usage, until I try and use the web ui from another device and then it basically crashes. I am currently running a really old ATI graphics card, but swapped to an old Nvidia to see if that helped but I have the same behavior(attempted Nvidia HW accel on web streaming).

View attachment 84139

Any ideas?
Thanks!
See wiki on limit decoding. You are using it, when you load the web interface to display all cams it disables limit decoding. The wiki explains how to resolve this issue.