Low-er cost indoor can that will gel with hikvision NVR?

Reaction score
Thanks to all the phenomenal help from the folks on this forum I have a hikvision NVR set up with a single hikvision 2342 turret. I am beyond floored with how awesome this camera is. I have it pointed directly at my motorcycles in back and haven't had any problems since the attempted theft that spured me to buy an IP cam in the first place. Yay! I have budgeted a little bit of money to buy another cam for a different view point. It will be inside looking out of a window so I don't need super durable weather resistant one like the 2342. I'm a little more cost conscious for this one as it's secondary. I was looking at the hikvision cube, but it's a little expensive. Are there any indoor cameras like the cube that will work with the hikvision NVR? Or should I just save up for the cube? Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This laview panda is made by hikvision and 89 dollars...its the same as your current camera just 2mp and has a 2.8mm wide lens...
Remember, you wont be able to use the IR behind a window...

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Big thing here is, do you want nightvision IR. If you're going interior, youre not gonna be able to have the IR from the camera itself like Fenderman pointed out.

If you do want to be able to record in the dark, I'd say save up for the Cube, but also invest in an external IR illuminator. You can find them on amazon and eBay. Get a weatherproof one and a PoE splitter to power it and you're good.