Low FPS on 64-Cam Setup

mcapps

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm trialing using Blue Iris to run 64 cameras in our business, but have run into an issue where I'm only recording about 2 fps on all cameras. If I disable cameras, that 2 fps slowly climbs up toward the 10 fps set on the cameras.

i7-4790k @ 4.4 GHz
32GB DDR3 @ 2.4GHz
nVidia GTX 960
2x WD Black 4TB HDD in RAID 1 (Storage Spaces Mirror) dedicated to storage
1x Samsung 850 Pro 512GB (OS/Applications)
Dedicated 1Gbps NIC connected to camera network
Dedicated 1Gbps NIC connected to LAN/WAN
Windows 10 Pro x64

Cameras are all connected to a Cisco SG-300-52P Gigabit POE Switch. Mixed RTSP cameras from Trendnet, Samsung, and Luxon. All cameras are set to stream 10fps, 1024kbps, i-frame of 10, CBR, 1080p.

CPU sits around 40-60% depending on triggers. NIC traffic on camera network sits around 175Mbps. 66% RAM available. HDD storage array is humming along around 10-15% load. No disk IO queue times or write delays.

Using Direct-To-Disk. I've tried playing with different bitrates and framerates on the camera end, but haven't been able to come up with any combination to get the FPS closer to 10 without disabling the camera in BI. Any ideas? Happy to send more info.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm trialing using Blue Iris to run 64 cameras in our business, but have run into an issue where I'm only recording about 2 fps on all cameras. If I disable cameras, that 2 fps slowly climbs up toward the 10 fps set on the cameras.

i7-4790k @ 4.4 GHz
32GB DDR3 @ 2.4GHz
nVidia GTX 960
Windows 10 Pro x64

Cameras are all connected to a Cisco SG-300-52P Gigabit POE Switch. Mixed RTSP cameras from Trendnet, Samsung, and Luxon. All cameras are set to stream 10fps, 1024kbps, i-frame of 10, CBR, 1080p.

CPU sits around 40-60% depending on triggers. NIC traffic on camera network sits around 175Mbps. 66% RAM available. HDD storage array is humming along around 10-15% load. No disk IO queue times or write delays.

Using Direct-To-Disk. I've tried playing with different bitrates and framerates on the camera end, but haven't been able to come up with any combination to get the FPS closer to 10 without disabling the camera in BI. Any ideas? Happy to send more info.
Welcome to the forum. Your problem is directly related to running the demo..direct to disk is not supported in the demo..I have seen this issue many times and it was resolved by entering the license key. I am surprised you can get this low cpu usage with that many cameras (though it might be because you are only streaming 2fps...have you enabled hardware acceleration? You may need to remove the nvidia card to get it working but your motherboard may allow the use of both, which in your case with that many cams, I would recommend.

tasrock

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you buy a license and get reasonable performance?
Hello,

i7-4790k @ 4.4 GHz
32GB DDR3 @ 2.4GHz
nVidia GTX 960
Windows 10 Pro x64

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Did you buy a license and get reasonable performance?
There are many threads confirming that you will see a drop......this is because direct to disk doesn't work in demo mode...

tasrock

n3wb
Reaction score
I have no doubt that direct to disk will help. I run BI that way on my little 3-camera home system.

I was just curious to see if the computer was able to keep up with that many 1080p cameras within reason. I am about to start on a 20ish camera system for work and the PC has similar specs. I have been a little concerned that it would be overloaded...