Low light cam recommendation for newb

sadpanda

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been lurking for a long time but have an immediate need..

I'm remodeling my house and pulling CAT6 everywhere in preparation for a full install but lately I've had random people coming down my drive at odd hours. I'm out in the boonies a bit and we have had issues with theft and forced entry so this recent activity is concerning. I have driveway/proximity alarms so I know they are there but until the remodel is done, I have no line of sight on the driveway from the bedroom. With no line of sight and no cams my immediate response (firearm/light/dog/maybe cloths) is blind and always 110%. I need at least 2 cams up and running now.

I had been planing on BI/Dahua cams all along, so I just pulled the trigger on an HP Elite G4. Can you guys with more experience give me a few cam recommendations? I'm thinking one cam by the street pointed down the drive for car ID/lic plate grab, another on the house aimed at end of the drive where it opens into parking area/garage (obvious theft/forced entry vector). The only wrinkle is I have two post lights, 110v and ok wifi signal by the road but no CAT6 yet. Drive is 130ft+/- Garage/parking area has NO lights right now but power/network is not an issue.

Thanks in advance!