Low light medium distance camera recommendation for skating rink system upgrade

Sonicxtasy

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I need to upgrade the camera system in a skating rink. We currently have an Alibi QVR3016H and a hodge-podge of cameras, most of which are some variation of these.

Wanting to upgrade to a 32ch IP NVR in order to have more cameras to cover lots of current blind spots to be able to record audio on more than 1 channel.

We currently only have 4 cameras on the rink floor. I hope that adding 2 more (6 total) will be enough because we are already running out of channels covering the dead spots.

Most of the time the house lights are on and low light isn't an issue but when they do a lights out skate (white house lights off over the floor but still have some UV and Flashing colored lighting as well as white light in concessions and other areas) these cameras are far less than desired. They are used primarily to catch accidents on the floor for insurance/lawsuit purposes. For the most part the cameras only needs to be somewhere between recognize and observe. The injured party will identify themselves and we just need to be able to go back and see what happened.

I have read through wittag's post The importance of Focal length over MP. Looking at his recommendations it looks like I need something like the 5442-Z4E. Is there a slightly cheaper version that doesn't have all the facial recognition stuff and comes in a turret?

This is a terrible Paint drawing of my current (4 cameras) layout and how I would use 6 cameras. I prefer the birds eye view and the ceiling is appox 12-15' high where the cameras are mounted.

Any help, info and insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, DavidSkate floor camera arrangment.jpg

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Remember that the 5442 and most of the cameras discussed here are IP cameras and you seem to have an analog, composite video, system.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
He wants to upgrade tombs.......to an IP 32 ch nvr........
is what it looks like from the post....
so yeah....interesting situation....
you certainly will have more controllable settings on these Ip cameras.
more tunable to each location.
pardon my typing....i hhave bandages on lol....

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Hik.....I'm mostly familiar with the Dahua products.....so for that reason I'm out.....( shark tank)

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Also remember that there is an intrinsic delay in the video from an IP camera versus the real time video of a CVI camera.