Low Rez when connecting to the BI service

Elgato54

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have BI installed as the only app running on an I7-3770.
It looks great when viewing cameras from the attached monitor.
The cameras look great when viewing with Amcrest Surveillance Pro.
The cameras look great with a direct connect.
When I connect to the BI web service they look much lower resolution and slow.
They look like something from the 80's.
Suggestions?
Thanks

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are you looking at multi-view or single view? BI will use substream for multiview and switch to mainstream for single camera view.

The Amcrest app will do the same thing, just substream looks better on a phone than substreams on a larger monitor.

Elgato54

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Are you looking at multi-view or single view? BI will use substream for multiview and switch to mainstream for single camera view.

The Amcrest app will do the same thing, just substream looks better on a phone than substreams on a larger monitor.
Four cameras viewed. Both PC's are I7's with 27" monitor and video card.

Seems to look great on all four with every option except remote connection to the BI service. It is usable but clearly lower quality.

Also, its all on the local lan with very little traffic.

Thanks

elliottwe

n3wb
Reaction score
Four cameras viewed. Both PC's are I7's with 27" monitor and video card.

Seems to look great on all four with every option except remote connection to the BI service. It is usable but clearly lower quality.

Also, its all on the local lan with very little traffic.

Thanks
Your Web view may default to a low resolution. You can change the resolution; click on the "gear" icon on the lower right of the screen to change it.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
If changing the streaming profile to 2160p (4K) does not make the quality good enough, then right click the video in the web browser and choose Group Settings. There is a "Dynamic Group Max Resolution" slider there which you can increase. Just keep an eye on server CPU usage when you do that because it can be quite expensive if you have very many high-res cameras.