lowering camera mount position on a wall

carteriii

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have a Dahua turret camera currently mounted to a junction box on the wall. Unfortunately there is a beam & gutter on the side that prevents the camera from seeing horizontally in that direction. Ideally I would like to lower the camera position 6-8 inches (more is fine) without making another hole in the wall attaching something else to the wall below the existing junction box. I've thought about simply mounting a block of wood or small vertical piece of plywood to the existing junction box, then mounting the camera to the wood lower, but that's going to be ugly, the wood would be exposed to the weather, etc.

I started looking at the various mounts for our cameras and saw the ceiling mount with the vertical pole, but that won't attach to the wall. Below I am including an image which includes the 4 standard ways to mount a turret camera (@EMPIRETECANDY includes this picture on his Amazon web pages), and also shows an "arm" mount (the PFB305W), and two potential "desired" ways that perhaps these could work together. In case it isn't obvious, the "desired" images were created simply by combining two images together so it's a visual representation, not something I've seen or know to work.

Has anyone done something like this? Is it possible with any other Dahua mounts like the samples shown here? My preference would be to attach something to the PFB203W (or similar, e.g. PFB2055W) since that would keep the camera closer to the wall than an "arm" like the PFB305W, but I'm open to other suggestions as well.

dahua-mount-wall-post.jpg