Lowe's Iris Cam reset?

DogDazeII

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been using my Lowe's Iris cams with Blue Iris for a little over a week or so since I learned that they seem to work well and give new life to otherwise what would probably be bricks I guess.

It's been working pretty well for me.. before Iris went down, I captures my User Name and Password, IP Address and MAC address info for each cam. I setup my AT&T router so that the cams would maintain their same IP address etc.

They've all been working well. all but 1 of them are on my WiFi.. (and do remarkably well for now)
Tho, once I got Blue Iris setup, I realized one of my gen1 outdoor cams had lost it's higher resolution. It somehow dropped to the lower resolution option for no apparent reason.

Knowing that I haven't been able to logon to the cam (via web brower) to try to change this.. (as I occasionally had to do in the Iris APP) and that I'd need to get a ladder to take it down.. I've opted to live with the lower resolution until I could 'get around to it'.. that was until yesterday when the camera dropped off my wireless network.. after several reboots proved unsuccessful, I got the ladder and brought it inside.. plugged it into my network via ethernet and it works fine on the network.

Reluctantly, I opted to try the reset options (posted on the Living w/Iris form) and while it took me a bit to get the idea.. I was successful with one exception... I can't get it back on my wireless.. so, either I'm not getting something quite right yet, or the wireless in the camera failed (I think odd) tho, that's what led me to bring it down anyway... (?)

I can't seem to get the credentials right to get it back on my wireless network. I picked 2 (WPA/WPA2-PSK) as I thought that was correct.. I know my WiFi password.. it's only 12 characters tho.. (and yes, a few are special characters)

So, when it popped something about a WPA ascii password must be between 8 and 63 characters.. (tho, I was at 12 and it didn't like it) It dawned on me that I may need to enter my password (converted) in the form of ascii.. ?? so, I tried that too.. while it seemed to like that.. I still was not able to join the wireless.. I checked my wireless settings.. but that pass code at the bottom is not what I expected to see.. I tried setting it, unplugging the ethernet cable. and rebooting it.. but still not able to connect..

My 12 character password has always worked before with all my other devices.. (including these same cams) I question as to if it's my setup.. or if maybe the wireless died in this cam..

In my research efforts, I did stumble across this document.. (Sercomm-API/blob/master/README) on GitHub (possibly already shared?) It might prove helpful to others.. seems like a LOT of good documentation... when I checked the wireless signal, it showed 0 (zero) but I'd have to assume that was because I was not able to connect? (or does that mean that it died?)

I wonder if there is a way to change these camera settings from a program like or similar to Blue Iris? I have the one other Iris (gen1 outdoor) cam that I forgot to turn the IR back on. I was hopeful that I might be able to do it via a software client that is already connected.... I can't do it via a webpage since I'm not able to log in with my Iris user name and password without doing a reset on the cam.. (and then I worry as to if I can get it back on wireless)

does anyone have any tips or clues as to what I might be missing?

Thanks in Advance
(sorry such a long read)