LPR auto open gate with HIKVision DS-2CD4A26FWD

Reaction score
Hello Guys,
I just got my fingers in this camera from HIKVision, and have the LPR function working... what I would like to do, is to use the LPR whitelist with a control panel/system I am working on.
Do any of you guys know how I can communicate with the camera to send a license plate to the whitelist table, and also how to delete one in the table, without logging in to the GUI and do it manually ?
I cant seem to find any information about these commands anywhere, and HIKVision is not much help.

I see the camera have this kind of integration:
ONVIF: Capture time & License plate info. accessible
GENETEC: Capture time & License plate info. accessible
SDK & ISAPI: Capture time, License plate info., License plate & vehicle picture accessible

Should I not be able to automate the whitelist table with some code ?

Thanks.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello Guys,
I just got my fingers in this camera from HIKVision, and have the LPR function working... what I would like to do, is to use the LPR whitelist with a control panel/system I am working on.
Do any of you guys know how I can communicate with the camera to send a license plate to the whitelist table, and also how to delete one in the table, without logging in to the GUI and do it manually ?
I cant seem to find any information about these commands anywhere, and HIKVision is not much help.

I see the camera have this kind of integration:
ONVIF: Capture time & License plate info. accessible
GENETEC: Capture time & License plate info. accessible
SDK & ISAPI: Capture time, License plate info., License plate & vehicle picture accessible

Should I not be able to automate the whitelist table with some code ?

Thanks.
It would probably have been cheaper and more versatile to buy a much cheaper camera, computer, and use Open ALPR.

Most of the things you see for this camera don't mention ALPR. Here's what the spec sheet says about this (assuming you have a model variant that actually supports it):
ANPR: Automatic Lincense Plate Recognition, support Black list/white list filtering. Support LPR management via Smart NVR or iVMS5200-Professional * ANPR support varies based on Hikvision Intelligent Algorithm Development and is not available for all the countries. For detailed information about local ANPR support, please contact Hikvision local technical support team
I wouldn't be trying to manage the whitelist on camera and nothing you posted would imply this is possible. Instead, I'd have something external that takes the information from the camera and decides what to do with it.

I suggest you search the forum here for threads where things like a Hikvision SDK and Onvif integration are discussed.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hello,

My company has developed a piece of software that does just what you are after.

Let me know if you would like more info. The price is only £88, and it is a windows based program that will manage your whitelist/blacklist. You can even setup a expiry date. At the moment we dont advertise it on the web, as we are mainly using it with our own installs. We are looking at the possibility of selling online, but are happy to sell direct should you be interested.

We set these up in car parks, caravan parks etc and work perfectly for electric gates or barrier systems.

Thanks

Guy

Attachments

Last edited: