LPR Dashcam

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I noticed he only showed 1 single plate.

RJM_50

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Best simple trick for vehicle dash cameras is the verbally read the plate out loud for the microphone to hear.

If you read the articles a LPR camera has the shutter speed, gain, contrast, and infrared LEDs adjusted to the point it's no longer useful for general coverage. Plus you're not going to get infrared LEDs to easily illuminate licence plates without glare off the windshield.

LPR on vehicles costs thousands of dollars in specialized equipment for Law Enforcement and debt repossessions. Civilian's are not going to install this on their personal vehicle:

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
^^
Here KCPD uses Genetech and as impressive as they are they have coding with the first and last characters multiplied by color of tag to process.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
More and more these days, I hear the familiar ring of “LPR” and other similar references over the local scanner chatter for St. Paul and Minneapolis police on my 5-0 radio pro App on my phone.
And also on youtube for officers body worn cameras.
On a recent call i overheard 2 officers conducting an LPR scan/ check / lookup of an entire apartment patking lot in a search for a suspect or persons of interest inholved in a crime.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
So rest assured when i pass by the 4 local PD’s favorite late night hiding spots in my way home each night, I’m fairly certain they are running plates and gleaning data for any possible Wants/warrants and Stolen plates/cars etc. maybe even more than Speed trapping.

elvisimprsntr

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Not sure it can read LPs, but I have one of these for each vehicle. Means I have to strictly obey traffic laws or risk incriminating myself. :eek:

You can pick them up on the jungle web site for ~$120